Encouragement needed

I think doubt about the nutritional value of veganism is at the same stage as vegetarianism was about 30 years ago. I remember when I was little, everyone was terrified of having a vegetarian child. These days, vegetarianism has been accepted as healthy, and I presume in a few decades time, the stigma around veganism and nutrition will go the same way. I remember going into the doctors with a sore ear and being offered a blood test on the side just because I was vegetarian!
As a person raised on entirely vegetarian food from birth until 15, and then vegan from thereafter, I've never had a problem with getting any vitamins I need. I grew to 5ft 8, have never been underweight, and have larger biceps than my husband, so certainly not weak and wasting away.

What do you eat in an average day? Maybe if we got an idea of what your general food/diet was, we could suggest additions to it?

I presume in a few decades time, the stigma around veganism and nutrition will go the same way.
I may be naive or optimistic but I doubt it will take a few decades. Probably less than a few more years.

My HMO now actively promotes vegan, vegetarian, DASH and Mediterranean diets.

I think doubt about the nutritional value of veganism is at the same stage as vegetarianism was about 30 years ago. I remember when I was little, everyone was terrified of having a vegetarian child. These days, vegetarianism has been accepted as healthy, and I presume in a few decades time, the stigma around veganism and nutrition will go the same way. I remember going into the doctors with a sore ear and being offered a blood test on the side just because I was vegetarian!
As a person raised on entirely vegetarian food from birth until 15, and then vegan from thereafter, I've never had a problem with getting any vitamins I need. I grew to 5ft 8, have never been underweight, and have larger biceps than my husband, so certainly not weak and wasting away.

What do you eat in an average day? Maybe if we got an idea of what your general food/diet was, we could suggest additions to it?
You are very fortunate that you were raised with a very healthy diet. I wish I was more educated back when I was younger. I am now 38 years and started my plant based diet overnight ...I stopped eating animal products literally the next day. I felt hungry for the first three weeks...I knew my body was detoxing. Someone mention that some people who suddenly stopped eating meat do develop an enlarged thyroid because of all the toxin the body is trying to process. I haven’t found much about it. I did read that some foods can interfere with the iodine intake...almond milk for example and some other veggies.
The body is a complex mechanism and I do hope that this is all to it...time will tell what exactly is causing this enlargement. I will have my ultrasound soon.

thank you for your feedback.