Tamara Johnston

Newcomer
Reaction score
Has anyone else cured their dry skin using soap?

I always believed soap was supposed to be drying, well it is, all the ones I have tried, yes, including Dove, farmers market organic, homemade blah blah blah. I was given a beautiful soap set by my niece for my birthday, it's made by Swiss Toniq Geneva and my skin has never been so soft and all the dry patches I have suffered with since years have totally disappeared. I'm just so surprised as I have tried so many alternatives and even some prescribed creams.
Has anyone else had such remarkable results with this brand as I'm thinking about trying some of their other products.

Reactions: kelli
from their website: Swiss Toniq products are also strictly not tested on animals.

so thats good

also from their website: Headaches, tiredness and bloating can also be caused from absorbing toxins.

well, that sounds a bit dubious haha:imp:

Hi Tam,
I also had a load of skin issues and my dermatologist recommended Swiss Toniq soap. It's wonderful, transformed my skin!!!
I also use their Hydration Pro, it's a face serum and a Swiss Toniq body oil, both make my skin wonderful and I can recommend them very highly. I'm going to try some more products soon, not sure which but I'll post the results here.
All the best
C.

I've always had the dry skin problem, especially on my forehead and nose area. Becoming vegan didn't help as much as I hoped :p but it did help a LITTLE. Overall though, the main things that have helped me is skip using soap on my face every other shower, and when I do follow it with a conditioner. It's not perfect, but it has helped a little. Mama Chickpea makes a little balm that I use to put on afterwards and its virtually taken care of.

Reactions: kelli
The only thing i find that helps is using lots of body lotion. My skin is super dry all the time. It sucks.

I stopped getting dry skin when I stopped using soap to wash my face. I only use coconut oil. Have been for maybe 3 years now. Not going to change a thing. (I also cured my breakouts and acne.)

PS. The original post sounds eerily like an ad, especially coming from a new member.... j/s

I always believed soap was supposed to be drying, well it is, all the ones I have tried, yes, including Dove, farmers market organic, homemade blah blah blah. I was given a beautiful soap set by my niece for my birthday, it's made by Swiss Toniq Geneva and my skin has never been so soft and all the dry patches I have suffered with since years have totally disappeared. I'm just so surprised as I have tried so many alternatives and even some prescribed creams.
Has anyone else had such remarkable results with this brand as I'm thinking about trying some of their other products.

Be careful with changing products 'all of the sudden' because as your skin adjusts it does appear to give sudden improvements only to then.... get worse than before. I'd suggest oatmeal and raw sugar, blended together with some warm water. that would help you rashes more than coconut oil because the coconut oil is often treated.

... speak to a dermatologist.

I stopped getting dry skin when I stopped using soap to wash my face. I only use coconut oil. Have been for maybe 3 years now. Not going to change a thing. (I also cured my breakouts and acne.)

PS. The original post sounds eerily like an ad, especially coming from a new member.... j/s
I stopped using any ordinary soap varieties quite some time ago. Even not because they are not vegan, but because i was looking for a perfect soap to wash my head with. I loathe shampoo and conditioners, so i stick to soaps. But using any soaps (even the best ones) made me feel like i was putting a rubber sack on my head (not a good feeling), plus it damaged hair and caused severe hair loss. I cannot brag having thick hair, and i didn't want to lose the rest of it, so, i took away my superstitions and found an official vegan company that makes a lot of various cosmetics. It has 37 varieties of soap, but i'm very sensitive to strong (and not so very) odours, and i'm using (permanently) only 2 of them (Citrus soap and Altai herbs soap),- anyway, i'm contented. I'm planning to explore more soap varieties, but i either would have to go to the city to find the whole range, or order it online.
Just look how much products they have (these are 2 pages of soap,- everything's in Russian, but the names are in English as well).

I find very warm water and some old olive oil works great for cleansing my face. I sometimes add sugar to scrub, and use a clay mask now and then. Never use soap on my face anymore.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and TofuRobot
no soap on my face either, since forever, water only and in the winter I do use some simple oil on my face after a shower and that's it

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
no soap on my face either, since forever, water only and in the winter I do use some simple oil on my face after a shower and that's it

Emma JC
I use only water on my face as well and then a moisterizer in the winter.

Reactions: Emma JC