Does anyone here play VR?

Whoa182

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Just wondering if anyone here is into Virtual Reality and has an Oculus Rift or Vive, or Valve index? Or even one of the mobile 6DOF devices like an Oculus Quest?

If you do, add me on Oculus home if you want to play: Whoa182 or steam (same name). :)

For those who are not sure what I'm talking about haha ?

I love Oculusrift and the fancy computers that make them work nicely. Unfortunately, that stuff is out of my price range.

I think you can probably get public demos in some stores. You could check that out on the Oculus store itself for where they are held.. not sure if it's in Canada though. But I can't imagine it'd be too hard to find.

Most people I show VR to are blown away by it when they first try. :) Mobile VR isn't very good though... Oculus Go is "okay" but not true VR.

Oculus Quest is awesome... it's a downgrade compared to PC graphics, but can be used anywhere as it's an all-in-one system.

Here's an example of the Oculus Quest being played outside (must avoid getting direct sunlight in the lenses or it will destroy it in seconds.) Check out that video on FB. :) Using it outside, especially in bright sunlight can also cause tracking issues, so it's best used indoors.

I recorded a short video playing an indie title called "Thrill Of The Fight" on Rift. Graphics aren't great, but it's a good sim. I don't even like boxing but it's fun and I get some exercise :D

Last edited: