Children Do you know any other veg parents in real life?

That was my last resort. Tried it last week after 3 nights with next to no sleep. Tried three nights in a row with no success. It seemed to make him extra sleepy but didn't keep him asleep. Getting him to sleep isn't a problem, keeping him asleep is!

are his naps a. too long b. too late in the day?

are his naps a. too long b. too late in the day?

His naps are actually quite early. Usually done by 1pm (and I don't let him nap past 3pm ever). Not too long either because if they are cut short like yesterday...hoo boy, we pay for it the rest of the day. He needs the 2 hours during the day because he only gets about 10 at night (and that is 10 broken hours).

Eta: I was reading about how the 18 month sleep regression can be pretty brutal. That might be part of the problem here. He has really had a developmental leap in the past month and I know those go hand in hand with crappy sleep.

His naps are actually quite early. Usually done by 1pm (and I don't let him nap past 3pm ever). Not too long either because if they are cut short like yesterday...hoo boy, we pay for it the rest of the day. He needs the 2 hours during the day because he only gets about 10 at night (and that is 10 broken hours).

Eta: I was reading about how the 18 month sleep regression can be pretty brutal. That might be part of the problem here. He has really had a developmental leap in the past month and I know those go hand in hand with crappy sleep.
um, yeah sorry. To make you feel better: my 3 year old has been NOT going to bed for about the last 1.5 years. every night she gets up complaining about something. bless her evil heart.

um, yeah sorry. To make you feel better: my 3 year old has been NOT going to bed for about the last 1.5 years. every night she gets up complaining about something. bless her evil heart.
Oh I had one of those, I have never been so tired, including working 12-hour night shifts.

She is 23 years old now, and has always been so busy. She has a serious ATMA* phobia,;) and that is why she never slept.

*Afraid To Miss Anything:D

Reactions: KLS52
Oh I had one of those, I have never been so tired, including working 12-hour night shifts.

She is 23 years old now, and has always been so busy. She has a serious ATMA* phobia,;) and that is why she never slept.

*Afraid To Miss Anything:D

and that is mine as well. exhausted, yet doesn't want to quit...

Sounds familiar! All along I have been hoping for better sleep by age 2. I have now revised that to 3. And by 'better' I mean sleeping 3+ hours at a time. Ugh.

I think the popularity of the "Go the F*** to Sleep" book speaks to how universal sleep problems are lol

Sounds familiar! All along I have been hoping for better sleep by age 2. I have now revised that to 3. And by 'better' I mean sleeping 3+ hours at a time. Ugh.

I think the popularity of the "Go the F*** to Sleep" book speaks to how universal sleep problems are lol

it does. my wife has joked about putting a lock on her door from the outside.

let's not get started on her 6-630 am daily waking...

it does. my wife has joked about putting a lock on her door from the outside.

let's not get started on her 6-630 am daily waking...

Heh, I can deal with 6-630 *if* I've had some sleep. He is waking that time anyway after not sleeping...

Heh, I can deal with 6-630 *if* I've had some sleep. He is waking that time anyway after not sleeping...

that worked for a while. but, the long, busy days combined with 6-7 hours sleep over years kills.

perhaps he's one of those crazy humans that don't require much sleep?! bless their lucky hearts.

I can see how that would take a toll over the long term, for sure. Right now I am just trying to get through one day at a time. Luckily I have no outside commitments (like a paying job), so right now my only (around the clock, on call 24/7) job is raising him. So when he goes to bed at 7:30-8:00pm, I go with him. Never thought I would do that I used to be a night owl. :)

I can see how that would take a toll over the long term, for sure. Right now I am just trying to get through one day at a time. Luckily I have no outside commitments (like a paying job), so right now my only (around the clock, on call 24/7) job is raising him. So when he goes to bed at 7:30-8:00pm, I go with him. Never thought I would do that I used to be a night owl. :)

wow. and bless your heart. i just can't do that. we usually stay up til around 1030. the kids go around 730-8 and then we have our other chores as we both work full time. we get about an hour 1.5 hours to relax before the fun begins anew.

6-7 hours sleep sounds like a dream come true to me.

I hear you! Right now 4 hrs (in a stretch) is the most I ever get and that is very very rare. And feels like heaven when it happens!

Pre-baby I needed 10 hrs a night to feel rested. It is amazing how eventually I adapted to so much less.

I hear you! Right now 4 hrs (in a stretch) is the most I ever get and that is very very rare. And feels like heaven when it happens!

Pre-baby I needed 10 hrs a night to feel rested. It is amazing how eventually I adapted to so much less.

not much choice really. do or die?!

not much choice really. do or die?!

Ha. Basically. I am just surprised how well I can function now on so little sleep. What I now consider a good night previously would have left me non-fuctional the next day.

On a happier note, he is being a real cutie... he likes to go out in the garden and pick (and eat) tomatoes and raspberries. He is a real little scavenger :)

Ha. Basically. I am just surprised how well I can function now on so little sleep. What I now consider a good night previously would have left me non-fuctional the next day.

On a happier note, he is being a real cutie... he likes to go out in the garden and pick (and eat) tomatoes and raspberries. He is a real little scavenger :)

as a parent, you adapt.

post a pic...

Sorry that is sideways! But no idea how to flip it (posting from my phone)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342974771637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342974771637.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: KLS52