Do you feel better (physically) since becoming vegetarian?

thisnthat

Forum Novice
Reaction score
If so, in what ways do you feel better? Do you have more energy?

My friend tells me that she feels far stronger than she ever did before. While I think she has to chalk some of that up to also exercising a lot more than she did before, I imagine some of it does come from changing her eating habits as well.

Did you feel big changes?

Reactions: Cyprus
I'm not sure if it's only because of my diet, but I notice there are increased energy levels on my part. But, like your friend, it probably has a lot to do with exercising. I run every other day, so I'm sure that plays a much larger influence in my overall energy levels and my immune system.

This is going to sound boastful, but it is relevant - my entire family is sick right now, except for me. I get the joys of taking care of all the sniffles, fevers, and tummy-aches since I seem to be immune. :p

Well, I'm glad you're fitter and stronger and that you didn't get sick. You'll need all that extra energy to take care of everyone else!

I know that my mother's immune system has improved since she changed her diet. That's always a good thing.

I do not have those unnecessary cravings anymore. I feel light and I think the food I eat provides me just the right calorie and nutrients to keep me going and healthy. Although I must say that it is too early to tell because I am still in the process of transitioning.

Well, it still sounds like good news, so far anyway. It's good to know that you can readily feel the impact even though you are still transitioning. Feeling healthier is always a nice reward for changing our habits. Losing the cravings must be huge. Good for you! :)

I feel great generally especially my mood. still transitioning. I take natural lemon and ginger tea daily and I have not had flu for a year now. I also give some to my 2-year old who has evaded flu and cold for the same duration. I also give him fish oil (Scotts emulsion) on alternate days.

My skin and hair is much healthier, but sometimes I feel physically weak or even exhausted. However, that does not mean that you cannot feel energetic when you are a vegetarian, it just means that sometimes I am too lazy to eat right. When I consume all the necessary nutrients and vitamins, I feel better than I ever did when I still ate meat.

When I became vegetarian, I felt amazing.. it changed so much. I was eating whole, real foods and learning to really appreciate my body and what it's capable of. It's not until I dropped ALL animal products that my health took a giant leap and everything wrong reversed. I've never felt better in my entire life :)

When I became vegetarian, I felt amazing.. it changed so much. I was eating whole, real foods and learning to really appreciate my body and what it's capable of. It's not until I dropped ALL animal products that my health took a giant leap and everything wrong reversed. I've never felt better in my entire life :)

Yes, I believe that it was exactly the moment when I became a full vegan that I started truly feeling the positive changes. Other people(omnivores) might say anything they want, but I have never felt healthier!

As I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years I still feel and am healthier than most people I know. I feel better knowing what I am eating and more aware of what is good and what many not be so good. These days it's easier with labels and more information and I do feel it has helped me look a lot younger too.