Nutrition & Diet Diet & Excercise to Beat Diabetes

they can prescribe what they want, only a small percentage of people will follow the regime.

I think advertising what can happen when people get diabetes would be a good idea though.

I didn't notice any, but I don't see many adverts.

They should get Tesco, McDonalds etc to pay for the diabetes ads...for every junkfood ad there should be a diabetes ad, maybe.

I didn't notice any, but I don't see many adverts.

They should get Tesco, McDonalds etc to pay for the diabetes ads...for every junkfood ad there should be a diabetes ad, maybe.

I'm sure that the junk food addicts don't know what diabetes is.

As it is costing the NHS £m's, they should make the public more aware of this illness.

I was reading that just one soft drink a day can increase your risk of getting diabetes by a fifth. Sugary soft drinks linked to raised risk of diabetes - Health News - NHS Choices

My father and my uncle both developed type 2 when they were in their fifties. I think veg/vegan people are less likely to develop this type of diabetes.

That is scary as most people must eat at least that amount of sugar per day !

If diabetes runs in the family, I think that your chances of having it are up by 50%.

Diabetes runs in my family, which is another reason I really want to keep up the exercising. Sugary drinks are the devil!

I think that most physicians already prescribe healthy diet and exercise to ward off Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is a disease that involves so many factors. Is is difficult to say just who will or won't develop it, even when many risk factors are in place.

How would vegs be less likey to get diabetes? Do most vegs usually consume less sugar as well?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

How would vegs be less likey to get diabetes? Do most vegs usually consume less sugar as well?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Diabetes 2 is more likely to be a result of overweight rather than an overconsumption of sugar (even though they sometimes go a hand in hand).

Reactions: ledboots
I think that most physicians already prescribe healthy diet and exercise to ward off Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is a disease that involves so many factors. Is is difficult to say just who will or won't develop it, even when many risk factors are in place.
Indeed. I figure a good diet and regular exercise can't hurt, though. :)

Most physicians only take one nutrition course in medical school and most never follow up with any continuing education. I shudder to think at what they advise their patients to eat/drink to stave off diabetes.

Frankly, most refer on to a RD and/or a CDE. I think that people love to blame the medical community, but patient non-compliance is really a bigger issue when it comes to T2 (and some T1s for that matter).

Reactions: ledboots
Frankly, most refer on to a RD and/or a CDE. I think that people love to blame the medical community, but patient non-compliance is really a bigger issue when it comes to T2 (and some T1s for that matter).
True. I have a friend who developed T2 and was told he had to lose more than 100 pounds. He did great for about a year, but I guess the diet/food plan got to him. He's now bigger than he was before his diagnosis. :(

The human relationship with food is so complex. Our nutrition is impacted and impacts every realm of our being. Sorry your friend has struggled. He's certainly not alone.

The human relationship with food is so complex. Our nutrition is impacted and impacts every realm of our being. Sorry your friend has struggled. He's certainly not alone.
Thanks. I worry about him. :( And you are so right about humans and food. I wish it were a simple matter of needed fuel for the body.