Did you know that dairy cows live a life of luxury?

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Please see this report at Farm Animal Welfare.

I learned the following things today:
01. "Cows are well-cared for by providing them with a nutritious diet, plenty of water and well-ventilated, well-lighted barns—all of which help keep cows healthy."
02. Some farmers even provide "waterbeds for comfortable bedding for their cows."
03. Farming cows is good for the environment because they feed cows "canola meal or citrus pulp that humans cannot eat and would otherwise become landfill waste."
04. The FARM program allows for second and third-party verification to make sure that cows are happy and healthy.

By the way, Temple Grandin has revolutionized slaughterhouses to make them a stairway to heaven.

================

If I had never been in a few real live barns, I might believe the above garbage.

If farming is humane then I guess that means that Ted Bundy could do the following to the farmer's daughter:
01. Hook her up to a rape rack and rape her.
02. Cut open her nipples with a pocket knife and no anesthesia in the event that she gets mastitis.
03. Cut off her thumb. (A farm vet once told me that being dehorned probably hurts as much as getting a thumb cut off.)
04. Put her in a small room where she walks around in feces mixed with urine with 30 other girls.

======

In my next post, I am going to talk about the classic film "The Birth of a Nation." I will talk about how black farm workers were actually happier as slaves because their masters did the thinking for them. They never needed to worry about finding a job or having enough food. The slave owners always put the black person first because a happy and healthy slave was a more efficient worker. As an added bonus, the slave owners taught them about Jesus. Thus, ensuring the slaves' place in heaven.

tout.jpgBirth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg

To coin a phrase: gag me with a spoon.

@Hog Garbage like the things you've heard/read, and quoted above, are one of the main reasons I went veg. Specifically: as a child (~10 years old), I remember being disturbed when people stated that hunters care about animals.

I think I can see why some people might fail to extend even minimum concern beyond their own species, though I don't agree with this. Although my immediate family didn't hunt, we did fish. Thinking back, I believe this was a major reason it took me 4 years to go from pescetarian to vegetarian. If someone is involved in directly killing animals from an early age, they might be unable to develop any sort if true empathy for animals (other than perhaps dogs, cats, or horses).

Reactions: Hog and Lou
“You forgot to add that the customary "/sarcasm".”

@ Beforewisdom — I should have probably put that at the bottom. Thank you for informing me. I felt the post was a little too edgy when I posted the KKK guy on a horse.

Last edited: