Deer deer!

Brian W

Conscientious Christian
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
A few weeks ago I was on my usual evening walk through the woods when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was a person and I turned to look and there, just a few meters away from me and looking straight at me was a beautiful deer. We stood for a few long seconds looking at each other, then it walked calmly away. About a week later, I was on a different route and just before I came to the children's playground, on the other side of the stream was a beautiful, fully grown stag just lying there in the sun. I am so glad I live where I live. :heart_eyes:

We come across deer often on our daily morning trail, also a lot of other wild life, no coyotes yet. coyotes are usually around dusk and dawn. No bears in this area, more north there is.

Reactions: Val and Brian W
We come across deer often on our daily morning trail, also a lot of other wild life, no coyotes yet. coyotes are usually around dusk and dawn. No bears in this area, more north there is.
I come from a town in England where you don't see too many deer. I thing I saw a muntjac once where I was doing conservation work but that is all. Moving to Sweden means that I get to walk through woods far more often. Here in Gothenburg, if you want to walk from one area to another without following the main roads, you almost invariably have to go through some wooded area, added to which we have a large nature reserve with woods and lakes. Seeing deer so close up and so frequently is completely new to me. I suppose if I had been brought up in Richmond, surrey, it wouldn't seem so unusual. One thing I love here is seeing the red squirrels. There aren't too many left in England sadly.

I miss the deer that would visit at my former place of residence. I fear I will not see them here. No more turkeys either. But life is a trade off. I have a different kind of “dear” here...my two grandchildren. 😍

• Love
Reactions: Brian W and shyvas
We have so many deer in our neighborhood, the neighborhood site is often full of talk and pictures about all the families.
I guess whatever people put on their flowers and plants must work because they have so other stuff to eat! All my plants are chewed to the ground, including those supposedly deer resistant

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W and KLS52
I ran into a deer on my way to
We have so many deer in our neighborhood, the neighborhood site is often full of talk and pictures about all the families.
I guess whatever people put on their flowers and plants must work because they have so other stuff to eat! All my plants are chewed to the ground, including those supposedly deer resistant

I'm under the impression that a pepper solution works pretty good.
Here is a list

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Informative
Reactions: Brian W