Damn you finland!

P

Plant Muncher

mcvegan.PNG
McDonald's introduces the McVegan.... In Finland! I don't have time to go to Finland for lunch. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: alleycat
I am not sure if vegans in Finland should be jumping for joy at the arrival of McVegan or really down in the dumps that McDonalds are in their country at all!

In the UK in the nineties there was the famous McLibel case which was a public relations disaster for McDonalds. They sued two activists for libel because they were campaigning with terms such as McDollars, McGreedy, McCancer, McMurder, McDisease, McProfits, McDeadly, McHunger, McRipoff, McTorture, McWasteful, McGarbage.

I would add McEverywhere and McNo-thanks. :rolleyes:

If you do go to Finland for lunch that will be the first vegan burger with a higher carbon footprint than a beef burger!

Reactions: Alex_M
Honestly it's still mcdonald's. I'm sure they have found a way to make even a vegan burger unhealthy and bad for us.

I haven't eaten McDonald's food in years. I do like that they are starting to realize the vegan potential and are beginning to cater to us. It's a start.

View attachment 511
McDonald's introduces the McVegan.... In Finland! I don't have time to go to Finland for lunch. :p
That's just tokenism. The bun looks like plastic, the salad is minimal and heaven knows what that meat substitute thing is made of. Save your money and your time and make your own vegan burgers, PM.

That's just tokenism. The bun looks like plastic, the salad is minimal and heaven knows what that meat substitute thing is made of. Save your money and your time and make your own vegan burgers, PM.
No damn it! I'm putting my foot down and going to Finland and having my McVegan. :)

No damn it! I'm putting my foot down and going to Finland and having my McVegan. :)
But seriously, we shouldn't discourage organizations like McDonald's from trying alternatives. Wouldn't that just make us part of the problem?

Reactions: Rory17
I think that this is a positive thing, and that we non-meat-eaters should thank McDonalds in Finland for this. We should give vegans a good name, and not complain about it too much.
I will confess that I do sometimes go to McDonalds and have a veggie/bean burger and an apple pie. Believe it or not, my mum and, possibly, my sister once found out that McDonalds apple pies are/were vegan...)

Reactions: Plant Muncher