Dad back in the hospital

And he's back in today. I'm very tearful and angry. I'm even mad at myself for being right about the 7/3 episode being just the beginning again.

Sending more hugs and good healing vibes your dad's way (and you!) :hug:

Thanks so much, all of you. Really I can't even express in words what it means to find such nice messages here. I've been a little teary, and darn it if these aren't tears of joy from the warmth and compassion that I find here.

Good reports today. There doesn't appear to be bone involvement at this time, but his cellulitis is bad. No more surgery just yet.

Every day is good news/bad news it seems. Friday night, his IV drip was running too fast and they overloaded him on fluids, aggravating his congestive heart failure. Got that situation dealt with. Blood cultures came back positive. They are thinking potential discharge tomorrow, and them we will do 2-6 weeks of daily IV antibiotics at home.

Every day is good news/bad news it seems.

That's the hardest part, sometimes...one minute you're stressed and worried and the next, things start to look up. As soon as the 'pit' in your stomach goes away, something else happens to drag you down again. Hang in there and know that we are thinking of you! :)