Crochet

I am officially obsessed with these baskets I made. These are great for using up scraps, especially the smaller ones. The big one is a yarn eater for sure, but I love it. I showed my mom and she was like, I want one for my birthday. šŸ˜ It's three strands together, so the big one takes about 30 ounces. I am making a third small one. In the big one, I have several works in progress, so this keeps things tidy. I had been leaving several projects spread all over my couch. Now I have this nice basket! The patterns are by Jayda InStitches on YouTube.

Crochet baskets.jpg

I made this hat today. I love the thickness and texture. It's nice and toasty.

Attachments

• 20220116_015549.jpg
    20220116_015549.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Blues
I like it! šŸ˜
When itā€™s really cold, I wear the one I got from you under my other hat, like a liner. It covers my ears and works really well!

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
I'm learning Tunisian crochet! I'm very excited about this. It's a cross between knitting and crocheting (this may have been mentioned before by GingerFoxx, so I apologize if it's repetitive). The hook is long like a knitting needle, but it has the hook on the end. Jayda In Stitches does a calendar blanket every year, and so every month we will learn a new Tunisian stitch. The first month was the simple stitch and this month's is the full stitch. I love it. At the end of year, we'll have 12 squares to put together for a lap blanket. I'm doing pastels, thinking this would be good for a child. I'm using yarn I already have. This months' square, which dropped today on YouTube, would make an excellent blanket. It's so thick and warm. It also would make a great hat.

My good neighbour who lived across the road from us , lived until 101 then past away. She and her mates had a crochet club and they called their group "the stitch and b itch group".

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15