Crochet

Yesterday I finished the blanket for my boyfriend's sister-in-law's nephew-to-be. Recommendations online suggested 45" x 60" for a crib/toddler size blanket. Mine ended up being a few inches longer than planned by the time I finished making the stripes symmetrical. At least it will be plenty big enough for her future nephew to grow into. I showed her the picture this morning and she was pleased with the outcome. I really like the pattern as well.

87264747_807290786458496_7925482178983493632_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Yesterday I finished the blanket for my boyfriend's sister-in-law's nephew-to-be. Recommendations online suggested 45" x 60" for a crib/toddler size blanket. Mine ended up being a few inches longer than planned by the time I finished making the stripes symmetrical. At least it will be plenty big enough for her future nephew to grow into. I showed her the picture this morning and she was pleased with the outcome. I really like the pattern as well.

View attachment 19875
I love those colors. Another excellent job, GingerFoxx!

• Agree
Reactions: Val and shyvas
Thank you both! The lighter of the two greens was the one I was having trouble locating both in stock and at an affordable price, but I am glad I was persistent.

Presently, I am using some yarn a coworker gave me a while back to make a cat bed. I had a fun idea to make it look like a circular cross-section of an orange, so I am following a rough pattern for a citrus potholder and just making it larger. I plan to make 2 big circles and join them with stuffing in the middle.

Thank you both! The lighter of the two greens was the one I was having trouble locating both in stock and at an affordable price, but I am glad I was persistent.

Presently, I am using some yarn a coworker gave me a while back to make a cat bed. I had a fun idea to make it look like a circular cross-section of an orange, so I am following a rough pattern for a citrus potholder and just making it larger. I plan to make 2 big circles and join them with stuffing in the middle.
That sounds so cute. I have been wanting to figure out something for a cat bed as well. I'm still working on it, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
I didn't have enough of the orange yarn I was using to make both halves of the citrus cat bed. So I went though my stash and found sufficient yarn to make a watermelon cat bed instead. As you can tell from my dear boy Cash's reaction, I am calling this one a success:

20200229_134533.jpg
20200301_103739.jpg20200301_072530.jpg

I still plan to complete the citrus cat bed once I get my hands on some lemon, lime, or grapefruit comparable yarn.

• Love
Reactions: Val
I am trying to do some stash busting right now, and also learn some new techniques. I made this spiral pillow cover last night/this morning with some scrap yarn. I love how bright and cheerful it looks. I need to buy a pillow form so I can complete it.
20200301_103548.jpg

A girl who works at the cafe near my office saw me crocheting the watermelon last week and asked if she could commission me to make a cat bed in mint green, sky blue and lavender. I decided to teach myself the spiral technique this weekend as a pattern option for at project,. I'll discuss the particulars with her more this week.

Last edited:
I am trying to do some stash busting right now, and also learn some new techniques. I made this spiral pillow cover last night/this morning with some scrap yarn. I love how bright and cheerful it looks. I need to buy a pillow form so I can complete it.
View attachment 19935

A girl who works at the cafe near my office saw me crocheting the watermelon last week and asked if she could commission me to make a cat bed in mint green, sky blue and lavender. I decided to teach myself the spiral technique this weekend as a pattern option for at project,. I'll discuss the particulars with her more this week.
I have no idea how you did that spiral! :iiam:😵
I really like them!

I have no idea how you did that spiral! :iiam:😵
I really like them!
I followed the YouTube tutorial associated with this pattern:

• Informative
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Those are awesome, GingerFoxx! So adorable. My Theo would love a bed, I think. He's always trying to lie on my work when I'm making it, hehe.
I say, he should get one, then! 😻

Reactions: Val
I made this shawl this week, as I continue my efforts to diminish my stock of leftover yarns. It's a pretty easy repeat of 6 rows that have a nice variety to them.
20200307_122550.jpg

Attachments

• 20200307_122629.jpg
    20200307_122629.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Thanks! I originally bought those colors to make a blanket, but ended up using them for Christmas gifts (a couple hats and a shawl) but there was just enough leftover for this project.

Reactions: PTree15
Two days into work on a new poncho and I hadn't taken time to lay it out flat until this morning.... I noticed a twist in my starting chain when I joined it into a ring. I had to unravel the whole project. Gah!

In brighter news, yesterday I received the yarn I ordered online. The company was running a $0.29 shipping promotion on orders over $29 for the leap year. In addition to some known items, I took advantage of some of the bargain deals they have. One of which was 1lb of factory ends yarn for $5, but you don't get to pick the color ahead of time. I ordered two of those and the colors I got were very nice. The other bargain was a $30 mystery box where they sent you 2-5 skeins each of an assortment of yarns. I think my mystery box had about 18 different skeins and some really cool/funky types of yarn. I'll lay it out and get a picture when I am home so you all can swoon over it too. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Two days into work on a new poncho and I hadn't taken time to lay it out flat until this morning.... I noticed a twist in my starting chain when I joined it into a ring. I had to unravel the whole project. Gah!

In brighter news, yesterday I received the yarn I ordered online. The company was running a $0.29 shipping promotion on orders over $29 for the leap year. In addition to some known items, I took advantage of some of the bargain deals they have. One of which was 1lb of factory ends yarn for $5, but you don't get to pick the color ahead of time. I ordered two of those and the colors I got were very nice. The other bargain was a $30 mystery box where they sent you 2-5 skeins each of an assortment of yarns. I think my mystery box had about 18 different skeins and some really cool/funky types of yarn. I'll lay it out and get a picture when I am home so you all can swoon over it too. :)
Oh how cool on the yarn scores! That's great, and I can't wait to swoon!

Boo on having to unravel your poncho. I know that feeling all too well. But at least with crochet, you can recover pretty quickly.