Crochet

I modified the waffle stitch hat pattern I used previously to make this Doctor Who TARDIS inspired hat for my boyfriend's father:
View attachment 19391

Last night I started on the purple, white and gold virus pattern poncho for my boyfriend's grandmother's birthday on the 24th. Hoping to still have time to bang out a couple more hats before Christmas for his mother, my mother and my brother...
Awesome hat! And I love the colors for the virus pattern poncho. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

On Sunday, I finished the poncho for my boyfriend's grandmother's birthday, which is today. She has been hinting not so subtly about wanting one these colors ever since the first one I made in green a few months back. I'm sure she will be thrilled when she receives it tomorrow:
20191224_080041.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Today, I am finishing up a hat I started yesterday, which will be a Christmas present for my mother. If all goes well, I will also be making a hat for my brother today as well. The hat my boyfriend's mother wants will be delayed since she requested colors to match Burberry plaid and I don't have any camel/tan yarn. That will end up being more of a New Year's Eve gift, haha.

I realized, between all the birthday and Christmas gifts, I'll have no less than 8 different projects to finally share on social media once the week is over. I've been posting them exclusively here to ensure the element of surprise for the recipients. You're a privleged lot, aren't you? :)

• Love
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Today, I am finishing up a hat I started yesterday, which will be a Christmas present for my mother. If all goes well, I will also be making a hat for my brother today as well. The hat my boyfriend's mother wants will be delayed since she requested colors to match Burberry plaid and I don't have any camel/tan yarn. That will end up being more of a New Year's Eve gift, haha.

I realized, between all the birthday and Christmas gifts, I'll have no less than 8 different projects to finally share on social media once the week is over. I've been posting them exclusively here to ensure the element of surprise for the recipients. You're a privleged lot, aren't you? :)
Gorgeous colors on the poncho! You are on a roll! Your gift recipients are very lucky. I love getting the first looks at all of your projects. 😁

Reactions: Val
So what do you guys think of this? I was gifted one frim a friend when I took care of her cats when she went to New Mexico on vacation. Mine has a pattern and is a simple V formation like the ones you make, no collar and with sleeves. I absolutely love the sleeves. It keeps the poncho in place and it’s so warm and comfortable.

Is this something either of you would consider doing? I actually love it with the collar. And the longer length is appealing as well.

Reactions: Val
Loving them more and more. I bet you guys can do this but looks like it would be more work.
E76FE644-5086-4390-8E31-40547F6807BD.jpeg885C856C-2A48-43C5-A681-837B6309C017.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Oh, those are so pretty! I can't tell if the top one is knitted or crocheted or a combo. The top one looks more complicated than the other two, but I would love to try one of them, especially the red one. I really like that one. I'll have to look for some patterns.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I am working on a men's scarf in the herringbone stitch. I really like the texture and look of this stitch. I decided I need to have more men's items in my stash for craft fairs. This one is a dark gray. I might do a couple of more in beige and maybe a brown.

Reactions: KLS52
I finished the scarf. I really like the stitch, but I didn't like the rough border, so I did a single crochet all the way around it to give it more of a finish. This worked up pretty quickly, as I started it on Thursday and finished it today. It helped that I stayed home for once, haha. I definitely will make this again in more colors.

69C0ADD3-9A41-4C8C-AA4F-67840506044A.jpeg

Reactions: KLS52
I like it! The finished border looks good. 👍🏻

I finished the scarf. I really like the stitch, but I didn't like the rough border, so I did a single crochet all the way around it to give it more of a finish. This worked up pretty quickly, as I started it on Thursday and finished it today. It helped that I stayed home for once, haha. I definitely will make this again in more colors.

View attachment 19491
This would also look cool if you did the rows lengthwise, I bet.