Cravings !

It is strange as the craving hasn't gone away. It isn't just about texture. It is the taste, aroma and the feeling of having eaten something satisfying.
I made some wholwheat penne with sauteed onions, zuchinni/courgettes, garlic with fake parmesan for dinner. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it at all.:confused:
That's a bummer. I am fairly fortunate in that I didn't really crave things once I gave them up, though it took me a lot of time to give up cheese. I made myself stop thinking about cheese and other things as food options. It's a mindset that has helped me stay on track.

That's a bummer. I am fairly fortunate in that I didn't really crave things once I gave them up, though it took me a lot of time to give up cheese. I made myself stop thinking about cheese and other things as food options. It's a mindset that has helped me stay on track.

I also crave cheddar and parmesan on pasta.:(

I also crave cheddar and parmesan on pasta.:(
Have you tried nutritional yeast flakes on pasta? They give a dish some tang. There are also some cashew-based parmesan-like sprinkles that you can make, though I haven't tried them. People seem to like them, though.

Have you tried nutritional yeast flakes on pasta? They give a dish some tang. There are also some cashew-based parmesan-like sprinkles that you can make, though I haven't tried them. People seem to like them, though.

Yes, I did as it is full of nutrients but it sadly doesn't taste anythink like parmesan ! We don't get mock cheese over here and I have to buy it when I'm in the UK.

This thread has me wanting crab cakes...I'm going to have to order some from the veganstore.com.

I know it's Vegan but I now have a craving for soft Aussie liquorice. The only thing is that I can't buy it
overhere.:(

I just came across this thread and felt it needed a suggestion for Gardein crabless cakes.
I never craved sea meat and those things really tasted like the real thing to me! :eek:

Nutritional yeast by itself doesn't seem cheesey to me, but add some kind of fat and garlic powder, and salt, and then it seems like parm