News Consuming Olive oil-Beneficial for Heart

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
sometimes using vegetable broth to cook things instead of oil is nice. I have a sensitive stomach and I think too much oil gives me a stomach ache

Main points
Don't add olive oil to your diet but use it as a replacement for butter, margarine, and other oils
For cooking use extra virgin.

Thoughts, comments?

1. Quoting cnn. This tells me significant things about you.
2. Sludge blood
3. Empty calories
4. Contributes to fat gain unless absence of carb energy/general energy deficit.

Article is for omni's and egg/dairy eating vegetarians. Switch to plant based fats, better for you than animal fats. Not good for you, better than animal fats.

I use a little oil for cooking, but that's it. It doesn't satisfy, contains no fiber or resistant starch, contains no minerals, and only one vitamin.

1. Quoting cnn. This tells me significant things about you.
Could you explain? Being French I don't know much about CNN... On American TV, I mainly watch political satires. So I have no idea why CNN is a social indicator.

Could you explain? Being French I don't know much about CNN... On American TV, I mainly watch political satires. So I have no idea why CNN is a social indicator.

Oh, it's not a social indicator. CNN is corporate, so called "mainstream" media news organization in the United States, although it has some international following. It covers politics, current events, and a variety of side issues. It has been caught numerous times as a propaganda tool for the English/American establishment, probably most famously in the first Gulf war with bogus reporters supposedly reporting from Saudi Arabia:

and in some other events.

I personally don't get information from it (except maybe to scrutinize) because I don't trust Corporate media in general, and any media that has a history of deception for political ends is tuned out by me. I'm not fond of being lied to.

Reactions: Gaspard
Look at this... go to 5:18
You will see that there is an Iraqi flag on Saddam's face.
The journalist says that the marine made an error with the American flag so they put an Iraqi flag instead. Because it's French télévision. With an American flag, we would not have beleived it was genuine. We would have understood it was American propaganda.
But now look at this:
If my memory serves me well. In America you never saw the image of the Iraqui flag... Because the media thought the American flag looked better.
Apparently some people in the crowd were paid by the marines.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
(Nekodaiden, we might be a little off topic though lol)

Last edited:
I remember watching the flags getting swapped on CNN on the tv at work at the time, so I fail to see the point.

Anyways, back on topic : so someone wrote a piece on unsaturated fats being less horrible for you than saturated fats. Old news to most people, I would have thought. Or maybe just old news to the people that I tend to communicate with, so I may be caught in a bubble in that respect.

@neko, where do you acquire new information about the political, business and social aspects of the world? I tend to go with AP if I cannot find a specific piece of information in the relevant published journal or study. If you hate corporate run "news" orgs with a political slant that often deceive to manipulate the people you must REALLY hate the likes of Fox News and Al Jazeera...

I remember watching the flags getting swapped on CNN on the tv at work at the time, so I fail to see the point.
OK. My informations about this were wrong then. I heard it in a conference about American propaganda in the UK.
But the point is still that this scene was entierly fabricated.

Last edited:
Anyways, back on topic : so someone wrote a piece on unsaturated fats being less horrible for you than saturated fats. Old news to most people, I would have thought. Or maybe just old news to the people that I tend to communicate with, so I may be caught in a bubble in that respect.
I think they have to reapet the old news because of the Keto trend which promotes saturated fats as being the healthiest.

I found that they lied about the flag. My memory distorted this lie. Plus at the time my english wasn't that good. So I may have misheard.
Quote:
"U.S. Provided the Sledgehammer and Iraqi Flag A thirty-five-year-old gunnery sergeant named Leon Lambert, who commanded an M-88 military tow truck, gave the Iraqis the iconic sledgehammer used to knock down the statue. "If a sledgehammer and rope fell off the 88, would you mind?" Lambert asked his superior. As for the flag, it's "One of the Firdos myths" that Iraqis brought an Iraqi flag to put over the statue. Another myth is that it was brought by a U.S. "psyops team." In fact it belonged to Marine lieutenant Casey Kuhlman, who happened to be in the area and had decided that an Iraqi flag should replace the U.S. flag that had briefly covered the face on Saddam's statue."

(snip)

@neko, where do you acquire new information about the political, business and social aspects of the world? I tend to go with AP if I cannot find a specific piece of information in the relevant published journal or study. If you hate corporate run "news" orgs with a political slant that often deceive to manipulate the people you must REALLY hate the likes of Fox News and Al Jazeera...

I'm not fond of any corporately owned news source, including those in Australia where I live. This is because I understand that the Corporate Model of business is a cog in a much larger machine of media ownership and control. Publicly owned corporations can be bought and sold to the highest bidder and then must take direction from the owner(s) through their directives to company men within those organizations. This might seem like it's just free market, but you'd have to understand that I don't believe the US (or any country that issues debt based currency through privately owned central banks) has, or can have, a truly free market, because of how the system works, without going into great detail into what I mean by that. I posted a video in a thread recently that highlighted a number of scripted news events that illustrate the Newspeak (to use an Orwellian term) that corporate media can be/is. It's fairly recently on my history in a old thread about Israel here since the VV/VF integration. In some cases the complicity is even worldwide.

To the question of where I get my news: To be frank, I have seen so much analysis of various world news events that I tend to be a cynic with regard to any international event that has worldwide implications. It could be true, it could be propaganda, it could be a mixture. Events that aren't used as platforms for national or international policy by default are less suspect. Local media, immediately local, is the easiest to confirm, followed by state, country, etc.

To the question of where I get my news: To be frank, I have seen so much analysis of various world news events that I tend to be a cynic with regard to any international event that has worldwide implications. It could be true, it could be propaganda, it could be a mixture. Events that aren't used as platforms for national or international policy by default are less suspect. Local media, immediately local, is the easiest to confirm, followed by state, country, etc.

Double Plus Ungood. Well, in a handful of years I will literally be living in the middle of the woods in the great and powerful state of Maine, living off of the land and maybe selling "maine-scented" candles online for side scratch. This won't be due to fear of the outside world. No, no need to fear it. It's just that the world tends to be sooo insipid and irritating that I simply need to retreat from it. Just a bunch of greedy, self serving apes clambering all over each other to "win" and "be on top" and such malarkey. The Ferengi were based off of contemporary hoomans, and it shows. I just need my space, if only so I can finally breathe free.

I think they have to reapet the old news because of the Keto trend which promotes saturated fats as being the healthiest.

I was unaware that they were promoting sat fat specifically. Or is it only when it happens to come up in a question about how healthy eating a plate of bacon really is? ;)

I was unaware that they were promoting sat fat specifically. Or is it only when it happens to come up in a question about how healthy eating a plate of bacon really is? ;)
They do recommand saturated fats specifically and reject polyunsaturated fats (omega 6).
Look at 6:01
And that's just one example among others.
You'll also see that S Phinney recommand both monounsaturated and saturated fats.
Most Keto advocate say saturated fats are essentials. Which is complete rubbish. Most of them are cholesterol deniers.

Last edited:

Main points
Don't add olive oil to your diet but use it as a replacement for butter, margarine, and other oils
For cooking use extra virgin.

Thoughts, comments?

I have two tablespoons of flax seeds every morning, so I get loads of omega 3s. That is the main reason why olive and canola oil are promoted to vegans. I only use oil to saute and make various healthy and necessary foods palatable to myself, like greens. I was able to use a LOT less oil switching from olive oil to peanut oil. Olive oil, even when turning the stove down, would burn away too quickly. Using peanut oil I can get away with using a half tablespoon of oil versus 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Reactions: Lou
I just saw an ad on YouTube where a cardiologist recommends consuming a liter of EVOO a week. I didn't finish the video, I think at the end he must be selling some kind of supplement.

Maybe I'll look later to see if anyone has debunked him.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
HA! I skipped to the and he is selling his Special olive oil at $40 a bottle. And it's Steve Gundry. Dr. Gregar has ripped this guy apart already. This guy needs to be prosecuted for malpractice or false advertising. Or both.

Reactions: Emma JC