Confidence in TV news at all-time low

well, everything's biased in one direction or the other. straight news reporting is a. thing of the past

and it's sad cuz i don't want a conservative nor liberal bias on my news. i'd rather have the straight info and make my own decisions based on that rather than someone trying to sway my opinion.

Absolutely, but that doesn't make money, and we all know it's about the bottom line. Gotta keep those special interests groups happy!

I can't say that I'm entirely surprised that young people have the most confidence in TV news, according to the poll, and that's not meant as a disparagement to young people. Each successive generation is asked to accept less and less and we're all responsible for it.

Reactions: sallyomally
I can't say that I'm entirely surprised that young people have the most confidence in TV news, according to the poll, and that's not meant as a disparagement to young people. Each successive generation is asked to accept less and less and we're all responsible for it.

It seems to me like there are enough rebellious young people to make this be untrue, but unfortunately many of them are pseudo-rebellious.

Many of them will become disillusioned when the lies and bait and switches begin to pile up. Network TV news is going the way of the newspaper, I think.

well, everything's biased in one direction or the other. straight news reporting is a. thing of the past
Absolutely... and in fact we were concerned about this issue way back in the 70's when we might have even been able to do something about it... but we didn't. Which is why we can't really blame the Kardashian generation for what they got left with. This started long long ago... and it's interesting to see that the issues themselves haven't really changed much in forty years...