Compost heap please

Good suggestion, and one I've been thinking about. We do need a forum for debate (as opposed to mere "discussion"), but I'm reluctant to call it "The Compost Heap" since for various reasons I hope to not make this place into an exact replica of VB. I could just call it "General debate" or something boring like that.

There is also the question of what to do with the "Current events" forum, since general debates tend to start out debating some current event. So there may be a bit of overlap there.

I was also thinking about creating a usergroup you can join that will prevent you from seeing that forum at all since I know there may be members here who don't particularly like debate. So there will be a way to opt-out of seeing it.

Reactions: Veggiemama
I've renamed "Current events" to "Debate & current events".

In the US, don't they have some kind of debate clubs or some such thing in schools? Is it called "debate club"? That could be an alternative name for the forum I suppose....

To be clear, the "Debate & current events" forum is meant to be the VV version of the "Compost Heap" on that other board.

I've renamed "Current events" to "Debate & current events".

In the US, don't they have some kind of debate clubs or some such thing in schools? Is it called "debate club"? That could be an alternative name for the forum I suppose....

Point of information- They had a debate club at my school in Scotland, so it's not just in the US :) we also had a prom committee and a yearbook though so I think UK schools nowadays are a bit USified.