I am Writing a Book For Children

kelmoy1976

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am writing a kid's book where the main character discusses an opinion on a lot of topics and current events transfers schools from their beach school to a school with mostly immigrant student body. I hope to have some kind of influence with this story and hear that a lot of kids are rejecting meat being served in the home because they don't like where it comes from. The character is talking about how eating of insects would probably have fewer people eating animals. I like the idea of cultivated lab grown meat yet would not want to eat it myself. I think we should have more stories like this because there is not that much for kids to read. I am starting to think a lot of adults have some form of pica, eating meat in general is strange. Balut is from the Philippines an egg embryo 14 to 21 days steamed. Can you gross me out with more nasty meat dishes? Tongue. Snails. Liver.

Other topics include
comparisons of people like the Forbes list of billionaires
to regular people struggling in say Democratic Republic of the Congo to mine cobalt for use in electric cars. That Congo would otherwise be one of the richest countries because of it's minerals.
Fast fashion the textile industry, 20% of the world's rivers are polluted from dyeing fabric used to make clothes
child labor in places like Bangladesh where kids younger than Melindy age 14, some 12 year olds are making clothes to support their families
people better themselves insulating with a bank account and the top person on the Forbes list owns Louis Vuitton and Sephora someone involved in fashion industry
Melindy has some family friends who are entrepreneurs who developed an extremely portable defibrillator and Melindy designs and makes some clothes for her mom to wear. Their designer clothes company is considered one more stick in the fire. They also start Science TV because Science Channel beat them to the scene. But Science TV has better programming.
Melindy's dad moves out of the house to help out ful ltime with Grandma Melmack who is experiencing cogntivie decline.
changing schools from a school overlooking the beach to a school with kids who go on to work on robotics
the plastics industry is polluting the world and what is the future of the planet
the main character could be compared to Greta Thunburg in getting concerned deeply about people and not only the environment
They also get political and school in demanding better school lunches as someone points out there is better food in jail and prison than the lunchmeats served at school. The high school connected with this Middle School offers robotics. For now Melindy is learning some basics like rotating shapes on paper architectural drawing.

I think we can help animal rights movement write authoring books about our feelings to reach the young people and reach children of people who work in slaughterhouses and meat packing and the people who work in these places. Also supporting cultivated meat, meat substitutes, and insect meats such as nuggets made from meal worms and restaurants serving insects.

I liked reading Melanie Joy's book about carnism 'Why We Love Dogs Eat Pigs and Wear Cows'.

I am writing a kid's book where the main character discusses an opinion on a lot of topics and current events transfers schools from their beach school to a school with mostly immigrant student body. I hope to have some kind of influence with this story and hear that a lot of kids are rejecting meat being served in the home because they don't like where it comes from. The character is talking about how eating of insects would probably have fewer people eating animals. I like the idea of cultivated lab grown meat yet would not want to eat it myself. I think we should have more stories like this because there is not that much for kids to read. I am starting to think a lot of adults have some form of pica, eating meat in general is strange. Balut is from the Philippines an egg embryo 14 to 21 days steamed. Can you gross me out with more nasty meat dishes? Tongue. Snails. Liver.
No. Food is food, it isn't disgusting
Pica is the compulsion to eat things other than food, like laundry detergent, clay.....
Why not stick to the reasons people turn vegan--the idea that humans don't need to eat animals and it's wrong to use them for our selfish reasons
What is the age group you want to write for? Books like Charlottes Web, or Babe have certainly inspired many people my age

How do you rationalise " insect meats such as nuggets made from meal worms and restaurants serving insects." ?

No. Food is food, it isn't disgusting
Pica is the compulsion to eat things other than food, like laundry detergent, clay.....
Why not stick to the reasons people turn vegan--the idea that humans don't need to eat animals and it's wrong to use them for our selfish reasons
What is the age group you want to write for? Books like Charlottes Web, or Babe have certainly inspired many people my age
I disagree. I really think eating animals is disgusting. Would you eat dog or cat. Some people eat horse. There is an entire list of really strange animal meats and animal parts. Not to mention the cruelty of the workers in slaughterhouses where there have been decapitations. No one really wants to work in a slaughterhouse. There is serious abuse of people working in these places. I don't think we should be so passive as vegans. On the other hand I think eating fish, some people might need brain food. Sometimes I just want some green tea mochi balls. There is no reason not to make more products vegan. What is the smelliest kind of cheese there is? I think caviar is disgusting.