News Climate Change-Biodiversity Loss & Animal/Plant Extinction!

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Presented by Sir David Attenborough, Extinction: The Facts, a one-hour documentary for BBC One, will broadcast on Sunday 13 September, at 8pm.

Last year a UN report revealed that around one million animal and plant species are threatened with extinction. Featuring some of the world’s leading scientists, Extinction: The Facts goes beyond the emotional to investigate what biodiversity loss and extinction mean - not just for the planet but for us as a species.

Following on from last year’s Climate Change: The Facts, the programme reveals how this crisis has consequences for us all, threatening food and water security, reducing our ability to control our climate and even putting us at greater risk of pandemic diseases. It explores what is happening to the natural world - how human activity drives extinction and why we haven’t acted sooner to stem these losses. With the world at a critical turning point Extinction: The Facts asks what governments, industries and we as individuals can now do to change our course.

Sir David Attenborough says: “Over the course of my life I’ve encountered some of the world’s most remarkable species of animals. Only now do I realise just how lucky I’ve been. Many of these wonders seem set to disappear forever.

1599381918680.png