Cleaning Products

Is this vegan? I went to Target and saw vegan cleaning products but I am not going to buy them since they cost more than what I am paying for the non-vegan products. It said they were vegan on the label then I saw this which is a better price but it doesn't say vegan. It only says animal cruelty free but doesn't say if it contains animal products or if it's vegan. It's Ever Spring.

Is this vegan? I went to Target and saw vegan cleaning products but I am not going to buy them since they cost more than what I am paying for the non-vegan products. It said they were vegan on the label then I saw this which is a better price but it doesn't say vegan. It only says animal cruelty free but doesn't say if it contains animal products or if it's vegan. It's Ever Spring.

From the label it looks all plant based. Not everything vegan is labeled vegan, but you have been given many options that are known plant based, as well as cruelty free.
This is just oils, essential oils, and acids. Like mine.

Method, Seventh Generation, Love Home and Planet. But my choice is Dr Bronners. It's concentrated and diluted in a spray bottle works as well as others. I used to have a foaming soap pump and dilute Bronners with mostly water and it made a great foam soap. I did this for my kids, I'm not a foam soap fan

Reactions: Lou
From the label it looks all plant based. Not everything vegan is labeled vegan, but you have been given many options that are known plant based, as well as cruelty free.
This is just oils, essential oils, and acids. Like mine.

Method, Seventh Generation, Love Home and Planet. But my choice is Dr Bronners. It's concentrated and diluted in a spray bottle works as well as others. I used to have a foaming soap pump and dilute Bronners with mostly water and it made a great foam soap. I did this for my kids, I'm not a foam soap fan

I think the label should say vegan if it is so people won't think it contains animal products. Did you read the ingredients? I don't know what all of those ingredients are. This is for everyone. Are any of these ingredients not vegan and if so then which one?

made of: water (purified water), lactic acid, (corn), sodium gluconate (corn), caprylyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), myristyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), citric acid (corn), fragrance, bergamot oil, lemon oil, basil oil, proprietary surfactant blend (corn, rapeseed, palm kernel oil, and synthetic). (parenthesis state source of ingredient).

made of: water (purified water), lactic acid (corn), ethyl alcohol (corn), polysorbate 20 (corn, synthetic), caprylyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), fragrance, lemon oil, mint oil, myristyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils). (parenthesis state source of ingredient).

I think the label should say vegan if it is so people won't think it contains animal products. Did you read the ingredients? I don't know what all of those ingredients are. This is for everyone. Are any of these ingredients not vegan and if so then which one?

made of: water (purified water), lactic acid, (corn), sodium gluconate (corn), caprylyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), myristyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), citric acid (corn), fragrance, bergamot oil, lemon oil, basil oil, proprietary surfactant blend (corn, rapeseed, palm kernel oil, and synthetic). (parenthesis state source of ingredient).

made of: water (purified water), lactic acid (corn), ethyl alcohol (corn), polysorbate 20 (corn, synthetic), caprylyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils), fragrance, lemon oil, mint oil, myristyl glucoside (corn, coconut and palm kernel oils). (parenthesis state source of ingredient).
Yes I did, and they are plant based. Not everything vegan is labeled vegan.
I agree animal ingredients should be disclaimed, esp in the instance of "natural' flavors and stuff where it can change. But this is plant based.
It would be a very mild cleaner though, not exactly disinfectant quality, maybe a good degreaser and smells good

Yes I did, and they are plant based. Not everything vegan is labeled vegan.
I agree animal ingredients should be disclaimed, esp in the instance of "natural' flavors and stuff where it can change. But this is plant based.
It would be a very mild cleaner though, not exactly disinfectant quality, maybe a good degreaser and smells good

If it's just a mild cleaner then I am not getting it and I am not getting the other ones since they are more expensive than what I am already paying for and less comes with it. I will just remain plant based and continue using dawn soap and windex and other non-vegan products until these vegan companies make better products with better prices.

If it's just a mild cleaner then I am not getting it and I am not getting the other ones since they are more expensive than what I am already paying for and less comes with it. I will just remain plant based and continue using dawn soap and windex and other non-vegan products until these vegan companies make better products with better prices.
The one you linked looks pretty mild, but, Dr Bronners is very concentrated, and has loads of uses. The price is high, but that's because it is concentrated.
Anyway, I don't understand your unwillingness to mix a few cheap things in a spray bottle :???:

I use a lot of Method products. They ship. Their packaging is minimal. (for instance the first time you buy it you get the container which is made from recycled materials, and then you just reuse it). their bottles are pretty. When you reorder they send you the stuff in pouches which are even more environmentally friendly. They even use recovered ocean plastic.

They are a little pricey. but you don't have to use a lot. Like 3 squirts for a load of laundry. and the stuff works great.
And their stuff is biodegradable. Even the soap factory is green. They have wind turbines and solar panels. They even have a greenhouse on the roof!

They are certified cruelty free by PETA, Leaping Bunny, and Cruelty free kitty.

They are owned by SC Johnson who does do animal testing. but your grocery store buys meat. and many of our favorite vegan brands are made by companies that also make or sell nonvegan products.

The stuff might be a more expensive than a budget brand at first. But you end up using 10 times less. So, in the long run, it is cheaper. Plus by using less it means less packaging, less shipping, all things that are good for the environment. Also no more trips to the store for soap

The other thing is that its simple. Order what you need online and then you have made your life simpler and easier. That is worth something too.

Check out their website

Reactions: David3
Well, I don't think that "vegan" cleaning products would clean better than regular. In this case, I would use a cleaning service like Emop and clean my house twice a month, for example. At least, I think so.
Vegan products work just fine, and without any spam

Reactions: David3
Reactions: Chryssie
No one has mentioned baking soda. I use baking soda in the clothes washer to get clothes cleaner with less detergent, and when cleaning dishes for the same reason. Baking soda is so good for cleaning bathrooms and kitchens too. I have completely eliminated my use of conventional bleach. Conventional bleach is bad for the environment so I have switched to oxygen bleach which biodegrades. I also use vinegar all over the place. Whatever's left, there are plenty of vegan and environmentally friendly cleaners in the grocery stores and at Canadian Tire (I live in Canada and live by Canadian Tire, it's similar to Target but you can get car parts and stuff also)

No one has mentioned baking soda. I use baking soda in the clothes washer to get clothes cleaner with less detergent, and when cleaning dishes for the same reason. Baking soda is so good for cleaning bathrooms and kitchens too. I have completely eliminated my use of conventional bleach. Conventional bleach is bad for the environment so I have switched to oxygen bleach which biodegrades. I also use vinegar all over the place. Whatever's left, there are plenty of vegan and environmentally friendly cleaners in the grocery stores and at Canadian Tire (I live in Canada and live by Canadian Tire, it's similar to Target but you can get car parts and stuff also)

I agree - I use mostly baking soda and vinegar also for cleaning, there is almost nothing they can't do - if you put them together in the toilet some nice bubbles happen.... this also works for stained cups etc.

I always have cans of soda water available (for drinking too) for spills on carpets too, especially if you happen to spill red wine, it takes care of it right away.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Chryssie and Lou