Clean Eating Equals Great Facial skin

Cyprus

Newcomer
Reaction score
Some people say junk in, junk out. This is actually true when it comes to my feeding habits. Not just healthy eating but also a good attitude (read stress reduction), rest, plenty of exercise and water works to tremendously improve my skin. Some people don't seem to naturally have any skin problems, for some, it is a struggle. I have combination skin and I therefore struggle quite a bit. I have to watch my diet closely and I stopped trying too hard. What works for your face?

Well, It is true that your diet is the main factor of having the skin that you want to have. You really need to avoid junk food and eat wisely. Don't eat too much fast food because of the sugar, carbohydrates and unhealthy fats. Having enough rest also is a key of having a beautiful skin.

For my skin, I find the best things for it are pretty simple and the usual things that people think of when it comes to good skin. Plenty of hydration, getting an adequate amount of sleep, lots of fruit and veggies, making sure I'm keeping my face clean (washing off any makeup thoroughly is a big thing for me!) and exfoliating once or twice a week.

I still have the occasional spot even when I'm doing all the right things, but I guess that's pretty normal - after all, we're all human!

If everyone sat down to think about what they truly are and what makes sense for our survival and optimal health, they would get why highly processed foods are just weird lol. If you aren't a creationist (ok, and some creationsts) then you'll know we are of this earth.. everything is.. we climbed out of the water, onto the land and relied on it for life. We came from exactly what we need for survival. So we've found a way around hunting and gathering and we've found a way around the variety issue and we've found a way to forever serve our cravings as we poo poo our health lol.. but in the end, it's what we came from that we will always need and what will keep us at our best. It's not just our skin, but every cell in our bodies. Everything wrong with me reversed when I changed my diet. Life long issues.. gone. Highly processed foods have been around for 2 seconds. 1 second in and we're already seeing people blow up and die because of it. Before that, it wasn't food killing us. Now it's the top contributor. Skin issues are just one of MANY signs of what it's doing to us.. in most cases, it's a warning of what's to come.

It just makes sense.

I have seen skin improvements while changing eating habits for healthier foods.

Moreover, rather than keep drinking soda pop, I have started to drink an infusion of dried hibiscus calyces, which a friend of mine say to help with skin hydration, and seems to be true!

It really depends I think generally being vegan and drinking less alcohol leads to better looking skin. But my roommate eats "cleaner" than I do - she's one of those people that's afraid of vegan processed foods so only eats them very rarely and mostly eats whole foods with smaller amounts of oil. She's been vegan for two years but since moving to Northern California she says her skin has broken out for the first time in her life or worse than it ever has. She doesn't have bad skin or anything but yeah.

There are other factors that go into skin, like hormones and climate.

It really depends I think generally being vegan and drinking less alcohol leads to better looking skin. But my roommate eats "cleaner" than I do - she's one of those people that's afraid of vegan processed foods so only eats them very rarely and mostly eats whole foods with smaller amounts of oil. She's been vegan for two years but since moving to Northern California she says her skin has broken out for the first time in her life or worse than it ever has. She doesn't have bad skin or anything but yeah.

There are other factors that go into skin, like hormones and climate.
I recently noticed a direct effect of consuming junk. Over Halloween there was candy everywhere at work. I have no idea why but i grabbed 2 bags of Skittles (mini size - to my astonishment, they are vegan). I NEVER eat that stuff. 2 days later my face broke out, and I got a cold sore (haven't had one in at least 2 years). Whatever is in those things I'm thinking I'm allergic.

My son also quit eating dairy because it makes him break out (whatever it takes ). IMO, there's a strong connection between what we put in our bodies and how it is reflected in our skin, for sure.