Chrome add-ons

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right section of the board. I didn't see a general computer section?

I've been using Firefox for a really long time, but I'm about to download Chrome to try it out. If anyone else is using Chrome, what are your favorite add-ons? Helpful, fun, any kind of add-on!

I have:
  • Ad-Block;
  • Avast! WebRep;
  • Do Not Track Plus;
  • Photo Zoom for Facebook;
  • HTTPS Everywhere (currently disabled as it was giving me problems with certain websites).
That is all. :)

Oh yeah, I have AdBlock, too. I only notice that when I'm using a computer that doesn't have it, though. :p
I probably have some more installed, I'll check next time I'm on Chrome.

I have ad blocker and the AccuWeather.com one, so I can see at a glance what the temperature is and click to get and overview of the day.

I used to have more but I wasn't really using them and they do slow things down.

ezLinkPreview. I love being able to get a quickview of pages when looking for something, without having to open a new tabs. It makes searching much quicker.

I had installed the Tapatalk notifier, but just had an unpleasant experience with it while using my Internet bank. Apparently it tries to access a certain path for every website you visit. (It appends the path /redirector/redirector/mobiquo/mobiquo.php to the domain.) This gave me an error message saying "HTTP method Post is not supported by this URL".

At first I thought my Internet bank had been hacked! Needless to say, I've now uninstalled this add on.

I started using Chrome almost exclusively several weeks (maybe months) ago. The only add-on that I'm currently using is Adblock Plus.

I just have Ad-block and tumblr savior (handy little tumblr add-on which blocks all tumblr posts that contain any words on your block list (so mine has words relating to Dr Who because I get ****** off with all the Dr Who posts filling up my dash)) .
Oh and a LotR theme on it :D

I have been using Chrome for some time. I have Ad-block plus, AVG Secure Search, Privacy Safeguard, and Xmarks book mark sync. I use to have the HTTPS everywhere but it did cause some issues. I also have the LOTR theme. :D

I use Tumblr Savior to block HP, LotR, and Glee.

I also just installed Unbaby.me, which replaces pictures of babies that might show in my FB feed with pictures of cats instead.

I've sprinkled some GifMe into the stew.

tumblr_mrn89fSL6m1rvzbdgo1_400.gif

I could never get ad-block to work on Chrome which is the main reason I use Firefox now... has anything changed with it (i.e. should I try again?)?

I saw so many people mention adblock plus I decided to give it a try. I love it so far, pages seem to load faster without all the ads. :up: