Chore Wars - keep track of your household chores through a fun online game!

kibbleforlola

Lola Worshiper
Reaction score
I came across this while reading this blogpost about turning New Year's resolutions into a game with "points" that can be traded in for real-world rewards.

Chore wars is a game that can be set up for an individual or household to both track who's exactly doing what, and collect rewards. The faq suggests that the in-game coins could be turned into rewards, like free drinks from the rest of the household, or if you've set it up for your kids, a treat from mom or dad. Or, reversely, the lowest achiever could have to buy everyone takeout. :p

I think I will set it up for myself, just the psychological effect as viewing dishes as a "game" may be what I need to get things done. :p

Anyway, find it here: http://www.chorewars.com/help.php

Reactions: VeggieLady
Created a party for boyfriend and I, because he sometimes feels like he does a lot more than I do and I feel like that's bullsh*t :p We put the weekend's chores on and we're dead even (ha, I told him so). Adding quests is a nice way to keep track of the to-do list as well :)

Created a party for boyfriend and I, because he sometimes feels like he does a lot more than I do and I feel like that's bullsh*t :p We put the weekend's chores on and we're dead even (ha, I told him so). Adding quests is a nice way to keep track of the to-do list as well :)
Isn't it funny how much gets done that goes under the radar?

Isn't it funny how much gets done that goes under the radar?

Yep :p

I think he feels that way because he lived with his parents until he lived with me, and his mum did almost everything around the house. He'd help with the dishes every now and then, maybe cook once a week. That was it. The massive increase in chores he's feeling is what I felt when I first left home - "I need to do HOW MUCH? Every week?! Are you KIDDING?". I totally understand how, to him, it seems like I'm not doing anything because he's doing so much work that it seems ridiculous that there would still be loads left over (even though we made a list and split the chores down the middle when we first moved in). But when he starts with the "I do soooo much around here!", I want to just stop doing my half and watch him struggle for a week or two :p Chore Wars seems far less passive-aggressive.

I suppose its not as effective when you don't have a party though.

I would still do it if I lived alone just to make things interesting. :) I think this is brilliant, coming from a business perspective and as a mother.