Chocolate cake-Vanilla or chocolate frosting?

chocolate or vanilla frosting on a chocolate cake?

• chocolate

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • vanilla

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danielle

forever seeking fire
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? I don’t think so. I want all the chocolate I can possibly have. Chocolate frosting on chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge in it, chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate milk.
I don’t really care for vanilla but if it’s the only option I’ll eat it because it’s still sweet, just not preferred. I’d rather have other flavors instead of vanilla like strawberry but chocolate is the best. To me vanilla is like the diet pepsi of desserts. Don’t really care for it, but if I really want sweets I’ll eat it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Technically I am a vanilla person when it comes to cake and ice cream. But I do love chocolate. If I’m going to have chocolate cake there is no such thing as too much chocolate. I want to chocolate icing and you can even throw some chocolate chips in the cake itself. But I have to be in the mood. Generally speaking, give me a multi layered yellow cake with tons of vanilla frosting and I am in my glory.

• Friendly
Of course now I want cake and icing. I’m going to try and hold off until next week before I bake anything because I don’t want to be consuming extra calories yet. I need it to be closer to Christmas.

I voted vanilla because I like the contrast and being able to have both chocolate and vanilla in the same bite is lovely. I don't know when I last had cake though, maybe I will make one for christmas.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
I voted chocolate for two reasons. One as someone already said, you can't have too much chocolate, but also because I just don't like vanilla frosting that much.

but I do agree with Emma, it's important to have contrast. That is why I like to have layered cakes. you can have both vanilla and chocolate frostings. Maybe a layer of raspberry and a layer of chocolate creme would be good.

Back in the day, I lived across the street from a bakery and I could order stuff like that. They even would make vegan versions.

I don't really care for the contrast personally. I don't need vanilla with my chocolate, I would prefer straight up chocolate. If any part of the cake had to be vanilla, I would prefer the cake to be vanilla over the frosting, so vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. The frosting is the strongest flavor.
Although, I do like vanilla with caramel, and vanilla with strawberry. I like french vanilla creamer in my coffee.

Same, but I got Christmas cake to look forward to.
That is, if they don't give me a hard time about the signature thing. Can't really know if the driver is here if it's 2 locked gates away. Wish they would text saying "I'm at your house, a signature is required" But even when I was home, waiting by the door, without gates, they still left the note saying I have to reschedule because I wasn't there to sign it. :joy:

Same, but I got Christmas cake to look forward to.
That is, if they don't give me a hard time about the signature thing. Can't really know if the driver is here if it's 2 locked gates away. Wish they would text saying "I'm at your house, a signature is required" But even when I was home, waiting by the door, without gates, they still left the note saying I have to reschedule because I wasn't there to sign it. :joy:
That would tick me off!

• Friendly
Vanilla frosting is too hit or miss- I vote chocolate. My favorite favorite though, would be coffee, but I can't remember having vegan coffee frosting. I loved the coffee squares Chinese buffets would have!!!
I actually lost my taste for cake.

Has anyone baked with Just Egg? I've made every vegan brownie and none are what I want. I want to just make the good old box mix like it's supposed to be made. I really really miss brownies!

• Friendly
Coffee frosting sounds nice
Never used Just Egg to bake, I use ener-g egg replacer. Last time my cake was a little bit on the crumbly side.

• Friendly
i like cakes with the baking soda and vinegar.
Brownies I've found nothing that makes what I want. I think the closest was using silken tofu--which still didn't 'do' it, but was really good. I tried that with a recipe, I should try subbing silken tofu with a mix :shrug:
Silken tofu makes a great "pound" type cake

Vanilla frosting is too hit or miss- I vote chocolate. My favorite favorite though, would be coffee, but I can't remember having vegan coffee frosting. I loved the coffee squares Chinese buffets would have!!!
I actually lost my taste for cake.

Has anyone baked with Just Egg? I've made every vegan brownie and none are what I want. I want to just make the good old box mix like it's supposed to be made. I really really miss brownies!
I just bought just egg but I’m afraid to bake with it because I don’t want to waste ingredients if it doesn’t work.

I'm with Chryssie, the more chocolate the better. Though I wouldn't pass up a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. :D

Reactions: Chryssie
I was right on board with everything up till the last two top idea! I did not like ground flaxseeds! That was probably my first sub, and I can't really remember too much on texture, but do remember how disappointed I was! Sweet potato--fine if you LIKE sweet potato! I try and try and don't. They taste like chocolate with sweet potatoes.
I'm surprised they didn't mention pureed beans? I have make them with a can of pureed black beans and chocolate chips and not terrible. You can (I can) totally taste the beans, but if you bite a chip they're ok. I prefer this to sweet potato or pumpkin

My favorite, although again, not brownie enough, is blended silken tofu with like a Tblsp water, no oil

Oh well, I was thinking of trying again but nope! If I hear about Just Egg being good I just might have to try that! I don't want it for anything else

What is good is the recipe for chocolate crinkle cookies!