Chess Anyone?

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I was wondering whether any members play chess?

In the real world, I know only one person who plays so that makes it difficult to play against someone who isn't a computer. As we all know the computer always wins so that's not much fun.

About 8.6% of the world’s population or roughly 700 million people play chess.
Majority of these players will never reach even 1000 rating level which is considered to be
a beginner’s strength.

10 Reasons Why Most People Are Not Good at Chess (and how to fix it)

Reactions: Ahimsa
I was talking about chess yesterday with my husband, weirdly enough. :D I saw something that looked like a backgammon set and it reminded me of games I played when I was a kid. I can't remember how to play most of them now.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
I used to, years ago. I was no expert/champion by any means but I enjoyed it.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
What was that game girls used to play in the playground where you had to clap your hands together?

What was that game girls used to play in the playground where you had to clap your hands together?

Maybe this one; Clapping Games?

I remember we used to play tons of different games. There were times when certain ones were more trendy.

I remember that one.

I play chess - this is me: Karl (maxflax) - Chess Profile

I have mostly played against colleagues and ex-colleagues, but I'm happy to play against people here as well :)

Edit: I learnt to play as a child, and used to play against my computer as well as friends. At one point I managed to win against the computer - Colossus Chess on the Commodore 64. I hadn't played much after that until some colleagues started a sort of chess club some years ago.

Last edited:
I play chess - this is me: Karl (maxflax) - Chess Profile

I have mostly played against colleagues and ex-colleagues, but I'm happy to play against people here as well :)

Edit: I learnt to play as a child, and used to play against my computer as well as friends. At one point I managed to win against the computer - Colossus Chess on the Commodore 64. I hadn't played much after that until some colleagues started a sort of chess club some years ago.

Like for 2 minutes if you play with me. :laughing:

I like chess but mostly play puzzles or vs a computer. Sometimes I use FICS to play against other people. In late high school I was pretty serious about it and would play up to 10 games a day. I liked to play queen's gambit and pirc defense back then but I prefer the more open king's pawn games now. And I still make stupid mistakes every game!