Can cats thrive and be healthy on a vegan diet?

So sorry about Pepper, ledboots. I've said in the past when I've lost a dog that I'll never have another so I completely understand. But I seem to attract the ones most people wouldn't want to deal with. So I end up with a houseful again and again.

I've never lived without a dog. My first dog, a basset, was born before me. Her name was Princess. She crossed the bridge when I was about 4 or 5. I still remember it to this day.

"Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Agnes Sligh Turnbull

That is so true. I wish that my pet could live forever.:yes:

Reactions: ledboots
That is so true. I wish that my pet could live forever.:yes:
Me too. I get sad every time I look at my elderly cat and think about him not being around too much longer. The other day he was sleeping in a weird position and didn't wake up right away. I almost had a heart attack when I thought he was dead. I was shaking when I finally got him to wake up. He was not at all impressed with my concern though, and gave me a very irritated look before going back to sleep. :p

Reactions: ledboots and Tom L.
Me too. I get sad every time I look at my elderly cat and think about him not being around too much longer. The other day he was sleeping in a weird position and didn't wake up right away. I almost had a heart attack when I thought he was dead. I was shaking when I finally got him to wake up. He was not at all impressed with my concern though, and gave me a very irritated look before going back to sleep. :p

Same here.
I check on Shyva in the morning just before giving her tablet for her epileptic fits and if she doesn't move, I nearly have a heart attack. She has the same reaction as your pet and seems to be thinking ' what's all the commotion about? I need my beauty sleep'! :rolleyes:

Same here
And same here. I've got a cat who's nearly 14, so not that old, but she's looking quite thin and frail. I keep checking her when she's asleep because sometimes she is so still. One of my dogs is getting on a bit too -she has already reached her life expectancy for a dog of her size and it makes me so sad thinking about it. She's so healthy though that I think she has got a fair bit longer to go.