News Bush likely to run for president

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
He is the early favorite of the GOP's establishment wing, and his move puts immediate pressure on other establishment-minded GOP contenders to start actively competing with him for donors, campaign staff and national attention.

The 61-year old former two-term governor of Florida declared on Facebook he would "actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States."

While his statement doesn't commit Bush to running, veterans of presidential politics described it as "a de facto announcement" that ends months of speculation about his intentions.
More: Bush (almost) Announces; He'll 'Explore' Candidacy - ABC News

Now, let's get Hillary Clinton as the candidate for the Democratic Party, and this tragicomedy is complete.

Reactions: yakherder
As governor, didn't he try to prevent black people voting somehow, in his state, in some election..I can't remember the details.

Well, Jeb is at least a whole lot smarter than GW. I'm not sure, though, whether that's a good thing in a conservative.

The political dynasty thing in the U.S. is starting to bother me quite a bit. Although I would love to see a female POTUS in my lifetime, and although I like Hillary a lot, especially since she's established a Bill-less persona, the dynasty aspect is nevertheless a negative as far as she's concerned also.

If I understand correctly, the conservative wing of the Republican party isn't thrilled about him, and some might abstain from voting if he's the Republican candidate. But if the Democratic candidate is Hillary Clinton, they may decide to vote for him after all.

As governor, didn't he try to prevent black people voting somehow, in his state, in some election..I can't remember the details.
There was a voter purge list created by a private company, that admitted that it was riddled with mistakes, that disenfranchised voters who shared a name with anyone on the list. There were 94,000 names on the list, half of them Black. This list was used during the Bush-Gore election when Jeb was the governor.

Hillary Clinton would defeat Elizabeth Warren in a primary, most likely.

Also, the United States only needs more political parties if they are distinctly different. Currently, the two political parties that we get to choose from are nearly identical, with few exceptions.

Currently, the two political parties that we get to choose from are nearly identical, with few exceptions.

It's quite similar over in the UK as the two main political parties are the Labour and Tory party and their policies have become more alike over the years and that is probably why we have such voter apathy.:brood:

What about Dennis Kucinich as Democratic candidate?

That would be someone I guess I could admire.

Doesn't matter much who runs...voting in western democracies is largely something to distract the masses with.