Burger King Ch'King

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I went into my local Burger King and ordered the new Ch'King sandwich. I am pretty sure they gave me a real chicken sandwich. I took a bite and thought this isn't right. It even smelled like chicken.

I have heard stories about fast food places running out of vegan items, and then substituting real chicken. I wondered why the girl looked confused when she was putting it in the bag.

Wow, I had no idea, and based on this review will try it. I don't want realistic chicken, because I've always loved faux chik'n, but I want that breading!
Everytime I've bit into real meat without knowing bile comes up my throat and I have to get rid of the taste

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Did you save it to question whether meat or not?
It's $6.89 here, but I'll still try it! Wonder how spicy the spicy is?
Wonder if onion rings are vegan--or any good? Dam I want onion rings.
I just really crave fried food right now!

I looked at the local menu--they have an Impossible burger--with bacon :laughing: 🙄
Honestly, thats good thing. If people will order a vegan burger that's a good start to getting people to realize they don't need meat. Now for a good vegan bacon. (I have no idea!)

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
This is on the menu at my BK for $4.79 for the regular one. I will probably try it sometime. The calories are more than a Whopper though. I guess it's the breading. The sodium content for either sandwich is scary!

I think the ch'king is made from actual chicken.
My boyfriend would order it all the time, I never got it for myself. I got the impossible whopper instead.
I've been searching it up and found nothing that would suggest it's plant based.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
Here is what I found:

So the Ch'King is CHICKEN!

Here is what I found:

So the Ch'King is CHICKEN!
OMG! i could have sworn the link I posted from VegWeb said "Ch'king"!. It doesn't, it talks about a plant based sandwich offered in Argentina! 🙄
Anyway, I'm deleting my stupid link. Like I wanted anything from Burger King anyway :laughing:

Actually, I kinda did. I've been working so much I'd have loved to stop at a fast food place and get a crispy breaded something on a bun :(
The Not CO plant based ch'n that Vegweb mentioned was in Chile. Maybe Jamie can get one 🤔

I even asked about the differences in "the fake chicken sandwiches", and she said they were spicy and not spicy. The Ch'kn term is used all over the place for faux chicken. Why would they do that? Ch'king is completely misleading.

I think some people refer to low quality meat as "fake", my dad liked to bring up how fast food isn't really food

I even asked about the differences in "the fake chicken sandwiches", and she said they were spicy and not spicy. The Ch'kn term is used all over the place for faux chicken. Why would they do that? Ch'king is completely misleading.
Omnis gripe about using terms like milk and meat for vegan alternatives--we should get to use the apostrophe!
Yeah, I see that and instantly think vegan
Is there a product that goes by Apostrophe foods?

Reactions: PTree15 and LoreD
You need to look for the fine print, it didn't claim to be plant based, it just said it was chicken.

You need to look for the fine print, it didn't claim to be plant based, it just said it was chicken.
I didn't mean I wouldn't check, just that seeing ch'king makes me think vegan, cause ' is used all the time to distinguish between animal chicken and plant type chik'n.
I'd never heard of it until this thread, and got excited reading abut the breading :yes:. Why doesn't plant based fried foods get as good battered breading as chicken does? I'd go to Popeyes just for their battered bits if it weren't fried with the chicken oil

For any vegan fast food item, I would worry that, to cut corners, they cooked it with the meat, stacked them together, or did something to make the "vegan" item come directly in contact with meat in some way. I'm not curious enough about vegan fast food to dive into it, but if anyone has found good vegan fast food, please show me the way.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
For any vegan fast food item, I would worry that, to cut corners, they cooked it with the meat, stacked them together, or did something to make the "vegan" item come directly in contact with meat in some way. I'm not curious enough about vegan fast food to dive into it, but if anyone has found good vegan fast food, please show me the way.
Honestly it's only been of late that I've thought about it-I don't even get fries I know are ok, mostly because it's Five Guys and they're not on my way home. But if they were.......I haven't had take out fries in what seems like years.
I wish there was a Bibibop on my way home
I do now have a pizza place with lots of vegan options, so I get that every couple weeks

If it doesn't say plant based or vegan, assume that it's meat. Companies can name their food anything they like. In this case Ch'King is just an abbreviation of the word chicken.
I've never been a fan of fast food restaurants and if I went there whatever reason, I would have just asked beforehand without making an assumption that the dish was vegan. Apparently they cook their vegan food in the same oil or griddle as their meat.