Question Breast feeding

N

Noreen

I have breast fed my lovely 2 months baby girl since birth. Now my breasts have become painful, red and very inflamed. My mother says I have mastitis and I should stop breast feeding. Is there any vegan baby formula milk?. I am horrified I will have to use processed milk from animals.

If this is mastitis, according to the La Leche League, you should not stop breast feeding - this will make the problem much worse. However, the mastitis also needs to be treated at the same time.

The La Leche League provides good advice and support, see their page on mastitis here:
Mastitis - La Leche League GB

My wife has very good experience with La Leche League, they really helped, and she was able to breastfeed until both baby and her felt it was time to quit (around 2 years?), despite many issues along the way.

Don't forget that pumping/expressing is also an option, though the best thing is obviously continuing breastfeeding.

I don't think there is vegan baby formula in the U.K., but there is a soya-based one where the only un-vegan ingredient is D3.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt, Lou and KLS52
I have breast fed my lovely 2 months baby girl since birth. Now my breasts have become painful, red and very inflamed. My mother says I have mastitis and I should stop breast feeding. Is there any vegan baby formula milk?. I am horrified I will have to use processed milk from animals.

Nature's One Soy Formula is plant based and i have heard its good.