US Brave Robot Ice Cream

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I feel like we’ve talked about this but I don’t know where so if this needs to be merged just make sure I know how to get to it lol. Please. 😊

Are we ok with this ethically speaking? It’s supposedly not from an animal yet they say it is dairy. :iiam:

I also just had Nick’s vegan ice cream before I realized it was also scientifically generated. I hope I don’t grow a third eye!! 😮

PLANT DERIVED MOUTHFEEL

The creaminess we love in ice cream normally comes from calorie-dense dairy fats. We use a plant-based alternative fat, called EPG, which gives our ice creams their irresistible, creamy mouthfeel, but with a dramatic reduction in calories. Fewer fat calories, yummy, creamy taste. How’s that for modern science!

Brave Robot is $4.99 at Fresh Thyme this week. I'm gonna get a tub tomorrow!
I wish this mozzerella instead :). The only thing I miss from dairy ice cream is flavor variety-like waffle cone, tin roof, rocky road.
Even Brave Robot flavors aren't my thing> I'll probably try the raspberry

Are we ok with this ethically speaking? It’s supposedly not from an animal yet they say it is dairy. :iiam:

I also just had Nick’s vegan ice cream before I realized it was also scientifically generated. I hope I don’t grow a third eye!! 😮

PLANT DERIVED MOUTHFEEL

The creaminess we love in ice cream normally comes from calorie-dense dairy fats. We use a plant-based alternative fat, called EPG, which gives our ice creams their irresistible, creamy mouthfeel, but with a dramatic reduction in calories. Fewer fat calories, yummy, creamy taste. How’s that for modern science!

What did you think of Nick's ice cream? It's exactly the kind of dessert that would appeal to me.

Reactions: KLS52
It was good. I wouldn’t choose it over Ben and Jerry’s other than for the lower calorie aspect. The vegan Nick’s does not come out of the freezer soft, as advertised. It was rock hard. The texture is creamy only after you let it sit out awhile or microwave it then stir. And the taste is pretty good…for not having sugar. You know that’s not my thing. But I would buy it again if it wasn’t so expensive. It certainly satisfies the craving for ice cream. It is not available in stores though. Some flavors of the dairy version are.
I don’t find it much different than the Halo or Enlightened brands but it is a tad better in taste/texture.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas