Boy Rescues Dog, Dog Rescues Boy.

kibbleforlola

Lola Worshiper
Reaction score
A boy whose fear of open spaces left him scared to leave his house is now venturing outside after striking up a heart-warming friendship with a dog.
Owen Howkins, seven, and his trusted companion Haatchi have become inseparable after the family pet helped him overcome anxiety.
Owen became 'withdrawn' at school when he realised a rare genetic condition made him different to other boys and girls.
Tragically, it left him scared to talk to people and worried about leaving his home in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
But now Haatchi - an Anatolian shepherd dog - has given Owen a new lease of life after dad Will Howkins adopted the pet from a rescue centre. The pair can be seen walking down the road together after becoming the best of friends.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...dition-overcome-fear-world.html#ixzz2A7xU9x1G

article-2221341-159EF428000005DC-126_634x393.jpg

article-2221341-159EF203000005DC-356_634x432.jpg

Haatchi was left with only three legs after some ******* left him tied to a railway track. Luckily, someone found him and fixed him up before finding him the perfect home with Owen. Be sure to click through and watch the video of them rocking out together, it will melt your heart. Now if you'll excuse me, I seem to have something in my eye.

Sweet and touching story...thanks for posting it!

:yes: I had to give Lola a hug on behalf of all dogs. :D
I would try and hug Bogart but he'll just hiss at me and I'm not in a good enough place, at the moment, to handle the rejection.

Easily one of the most beautiful, inspirational stories I've ever read. @@ (teary-eyes!)