Technology Bioengineered food and effects

Karlos

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey guys i would like to talk about bioengineered foods and how how it is affecting our bodies.
First of all i would not recommend eating bioengineered food in the long time because after eating such
food you might develop dozen of health issues.
Also it is not just bioengineered food that can cause you health issues the food that has lots of
chemicals inside can cause harm as well.
What is going on with bioengineered food that it is so talked about, it is the way those plants are being
grown. These plants are created in such a way that they do not need any soil to grow from and during growth they
have controlled feeding, they are fed with many minerals and vitamins and are also fed with lots of cheap chemicals that among
other things makes them resistant to many diseases.
With these kind of production method you get cheap food but not something i would recommend to eat on daily basis.

I'm actually interesting in this topic in general so any factual information on the matter
including relevent to the philosophical or ethical implications[provided it's factual]
is acceptable;

I would actually be infavour of eating actually synthetic food provided that its healthy and doesn't lets say make one throw up.
like tub of icecream does.

However compared to general dietry choices i'm not sure how bad that really is since i'm pretty sure dietics would suggest a more well rounded diet.[certainly definition of well rounded depends on how you define food]

Reactions: Second Summer
Here is a link to Bioengineered Food from the USDA and it is quite clear that some foods we eat, on a regular basis, are already classified as such.

I think it is something to be aware of and yet not something to panic about. IMO there are likely to be more and more of such foods and it will be very difficult to avoid sometimes.

In the PDF it makes clear that ... Highly refined ingredients (like some sugars and oils) and foods that are primarily meat, poultry, or egg products, do not require a bioengineered food disclosure.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Hey guys i would like to talk about bioengineered foods and how how it is affecting our bodies.
First of all i would not recommend eating bioengineered food in the long time because after eating such
food you might develop dozen of health issues.
Also it is not just bioengineered food that can cause you health issues the food that has lots of
chemicals inside can cause harm as well.
What is going on with bioengineered food that it is so talked about, it is the way those plants are being
grown. These plants are created in such a way that they do not need any soil to grow from and during growth they
have controlled feeding, they are fed with many minerals and vitamins and are also fed with lots of cheap chemicals that among
other things makes them resistant to many diseases.
With these kind of production method you get cheap food but not something i would recommend to eat on daily basis.
Karlos, I think you are combining and maybe confusing several different things.
I think when you say bioengineered foods you are talking about GMOs. I have mixed feelings about GMOs but I think I avoid them for the most part. Here in California GMO food can't be labeled organic and I buy mostly organic

The other issue you seem to be concerned with is artificial ingredients. And I mostly avoid those too. but I wouldn't lump all of them in the same category. For instance, many vitamins are synthetic and added to our foods (or multivitamins).

GMO crops are not usually farmed with hydroponics and visa-versa. not too much stuff we eat are grown hydroponically. but maybe some of our tomatoes and lettuce.

Reactions: FlandersOD
It feels like overly broad definitions of bioengineering, this just seams to reffer to genetic modification,
which all be it a form of bioenginering would be more accurately described as narrow application of bioengineering to crops,
to serve as food. rather then bioengineered food.

it's kind of like calling humans cyborg their are some less trivial definitions by which it's technically true.
but it kind of defeats the point of having a term designating what we consider to fit into a narrow class of cybernetic organisms.

Bioengineered food is food that has been modified through biotechnology and genetic engineering. The technology enables scientists to manipulate the genetic material of living organisms to create food products that are more resistant to disease, drought, and other environmental factors. The technology also allows scientists to manipulate the genetic material of plants to produce higher yields and increase nutritional value.

Bioengineered foods have been widely accepted in the United States, but their effects on human health are still being studied. While some researchers believe that bioengineered foods could improve nutrition, others have raised concerns about their potential health risks. Some of the potential risks include the possibility of introducing allergens into food, creating unintended health effects, and the potential for gene transfer between genetically modified organisms and other species.

In addition, there is also potential for environmental damage from the bioengineered food. For example, the release of modified organisms into the environment could lead to the spread of resistance to antibiotics and other drugs, as well as the contamination of non-genetically modified crops.

Overall, the effects of bioengineered food on human health remain uncertain. More research is needed to understand the potential risks and benefits of bioengineered food, as well as its potential environmental impacts. However, the potential benefits of bioengineered food include increased nutritional value, increased yields, and improved disease resistance, which could all result in improved health and nutrition for humans.

Eating food regular (non-bioengineered) and bioengineered that has all sort of chemicals inside will eventually get your body quite intoxicated. It might take years or even decades until that occurs. What happens then is all those toxins that have build up in your body over the years will disrupt in all kind of ways normal function of your cells. Which will lead to all kind of sicknesses. Also lots of bacteria and fungus are feeding on those chemicals which will make them flourish in your body.

If your body gets over intoxicated then you need to use supplements that will remove some of the toxins. There are few products on internet that can help in those situations but also there are products that are just not working.

Eat more biological food don't eat bioengineered foods or foods that have been heavy processed with chemicals.