Beyond Meat COO Doug Ramsey arrested for alleged Assault

I saw this on another forum and commented "Yeah, us vegans get these cravings from time to time." Somebody else pointed out:
'According to the Tyson Foods website, Ramsey had been a member of Tyson Foods’ poultry business since 1992 and was named president of global McDonald’s business in 2019."

It's a great headline but the dude don't sound like no vegan to me.

Sadly /r/vegan on reddit removed the link without giving a reason.

Another reason for me not to like that group. Vegans should be big enough to tolerate an article about someone who works for a vegan food company who didn't behave his best.

Last edited:
Oh FFS! :fp:
One, he's either a lunatic or under the influence
Two, why should that affect stock? Would Perdue, Tyson, Nestle suffer for their CEO's?
I was surprised the stock was already suffering, although I sure quit liking the burgers, and haven't had any of the sausage since it's been labeled "30% less fat", though that's not why
Honestly I guess it is geared more for meat eaters. As much as i like the sausage it's only a once in a while thing

I hate it when people are specifically targeted for bad behavior blamed on their fringe beliefs, as if one had anything to do with the other
But is he even vegan?

Reactions: beforewisdom
Sports makes people crazy! You can drink at the games and people are so competitive about their teams. I am sure alcohol was involved. This incident has absolutely no connection to being vegan. It's just men behaving badly!

• Agree
Reactions: bEt and PTree15