Best Vegan Protein Powder to mix with Oatmeal?

Xnew_ethicX

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, this is my first thread so I’ll also post an introduction in the proper forum later. But in the meantime, my question is:

What is the best vegan protein powder TO MIX WITH WARM OATMEAL?

I am sure thousands of other people have had the same problem.

The problem: vegan protein reacts with the hot water and becomes EXTREMELY gooey (compared to whey protein) so I’m looking for an alternative for a friend of mine.

I personally usually use vega, and I tried a bunch of others too and Vega seems to be the least thick to drink, however itms still way too gooey to mix with oatmeal.

If you’ve been in the same situation, have you found something more suitable for oatmeal? What is it?

Thanks in advance

I have never considered putting protein powder in oatmeal... Is this a thing? I don't even use protein powder all the time, but it's always in my smoothie when I do, so I have no idea if it would get goey or not in oatmeal. Do you have any idea which ingredient contributes to said goey-ness? I could check for that in mine...

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I have never considered putting protein powder in oatmeal... Is this a thing? I don't even use protein powder all the time, but it's always in my smoothie when I do, so I have no idea if it would get goey or not in oatmeal. Do you have any idea which ingredient contributes to said goey-ness? I could check for that in mine...

To be honest, I really don’t know what makes it gooey...! I tried Vega sport, I tried Soy Isolate which is almost just pure soy protein... maybe someone knows more about this.

I don't think you need to bother adding protein powder to oatmeal.

I take 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup soy milk, and one tbsp ground flaxseed. You can add the flaxseed before or after cooking ( I do it before).

that is about 15 g of protein. That is enough per meal for me. If you want more you could just double the recipe.

About the only use I have for protein powder is for making fruit smoothies. and even then I think twice about it - I find the protein powder just about ruins the taste of those.

I also remember watching a video of how to make steel-cut oats in an instant pot and in one of the variations they added peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds. That would bring you up to over 20 grams of protein. I've never tried it but now that i'm thinking about it I think I will.

To be honest, I really don’t know what makes it gooey...! I tried Vega sport, I tried Soy Isolate which is almost just pure soy protein... maybe someone knows more about this.

I used to buy soy Isolate powder from iherb.com to use in smoothies, baking and also with porridge ( hot oatmeal) for extra protein. I find that I need that extra protein to keep me going until lunchtime. Cereal just doesn't fit the bill and even if I add linseed or extra nuts, I find that I have hunger pangs after a few hours. :confused:

There is a difference between brands and some textures are grainy and don't taste very good. Rob Mills tastes very chalky and doesn't mix too well.
The one that I used to buy was smooth in texture and mixed well with other ingredients. However, they don't seem to stock it anymore.:confused:

I also find that you obtain a better consistency if you mix the powder with the other ingredients especially the pb milk when it's cold and not hot.
Another trick is to pulse the powder with milk in either a shaker or FP before adding the oats.
Protein powder should also be stored in a cool, dry place if not it tends to clump. :) I hope this helps. :sun:

Found it :

Reactions: PTree15
I use soy protein powder in my oatmeal. I found that rice protein powder made it gooey and had an unwelcome flavour, but soy protein works well.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
If you're looking for a good vegan protein powder then i just have one product that has been good and reliable for use for a long time now and i would recommend to you if you would consider giving it a try.
Check It Out Here