Northeast Bela Vegetarian restaurant, Northampton, MA

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I went to this lovely restaurant a week or so ago and really enjoyed it. It's vegetarian, but just about any meal can be made vegan, which made me very happy. It also very much satisfied the non-veg friend I was with.

Pros: The food was quite tasty and the menu had quite a variety, everything from stir-fries to grilled/sauteed mock meats to salads and veggie burgers, you name it. It had an array of beverage options as well. The atmosphere was friendly and casual and the wait staff very accommodating. I had the Vegetable Medley stir-fry with seitan, and it was delicious. They also try to use as many local products as possible. For instance, the seitan and tofu come from my town of Middletown, CT, which was only an hour and 10 minutes away. The desserts are all vegan. The Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache was outstanding. Very moist and flavorful. The prices are also pretty reasonable; I would call it mid-range, price-wise. This is a wonderful little place!

Cons: It's cash-only, and there is a $5 substitution fee, which is explained on their website. They at least claim to donate the money to charity :)

Info:
Address: 68 Masonic St., Northampton, MA, 01060
Phone: 413-586-8011
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, noon to 8:30 p.m.