Basic tips

I really hate all the 'tips' on vegan sugar that only list organic sugar. Beet sugar is truly the most commonly used and always vegan

Many dry roasted nuts (Planters for ex.) use gelatine to help seasoning/salt stick

I don't obsess over sugar, but the whole confectioners glaze (from lac beetles) really burns my butt as it's so unnecessarily used in foods that should be vegan

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I really hate all the 'tips' on vegan sugar that only list organic sugar. Beet sugar is truly the most commonly used and always vegan

Many dry roasted nuts (Planters for ex.) use gelatine to help seasoning/salt stick

I don't obsess over sugar, but the whole confectioners glaze (from lac beetles) really burns my butt as it's so unnecessarily used in foods that should be vegan
(Bold emphasis mine). I couldn't agree more! It really irks me, as many times it's the only non-vegan ingredient in many cases.

(Bold emphasis mine). I couldn't agree more! It really irks me, as many times it's the only non-vegan ingredient in many cases.
Trader Joes cocoa nibs (and many other reg vegan foods) have confectioner glaze!!!
I don't obsess with whether fruit is coated in beeswax or not (how do you really know 🤔 ), as it at least serves a purpose, but lac beetle shellac is nothing but cosmetic.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15