Baby Steps. The Apologetic Vegan.

Vegan Dogs

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Baby Steps. The Apologetic Vegan.

Hope this Bingo board does not challenge too many here lol !

The Vegan Apologist's Bingo Board !

I love the "baby steps" central piece...(whilst killing babies)

apologist vegan mantra.jpg

It did not take long elsewhere for someone to comment...

How is having a service dog against veganism (out of curiosity)
Hide or report this

• Noelle Obcarskas "use" of animals. The 1st principle of veganism is that "animals are not ours to use" we are allegedly keeping "pets" which is not vegan really with the "excuse" that we are "caring for refugees" of a human created problem. Service animals are bred specifically for those uses. It reduces the status of an animal to a "commodity" again. Something to be "used" for the "use" a human gets from the commodity.

there are people who eat animal products from dumpsters?! :scream:
Sometimes the difference between food for the day and no food at all is 'dumpster diving'. As someone currently experiencing severe hardship and an empty pantry, it's very close to home. No charitable organisations will help either, so it's about staying at least a bit nourished for another day.

That's not to say it needs to be animal products though, but for most people who dumpster dive, being particular about food isn't really in line with basic survival.

I used to have some roommates who went dumpster diving. They targeted local food manufacturing facilities, trying to figure out the best days to hit each place and how to thwart locks and security. There can actually be a little competition, they were beat to the score more than once.

I remember one night they came back from Theo's chocolate with pounds and pounds of chocolate...it was the chili flavored dark chocolate, and apparently they added a little too much chili and had to dispose of it.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
"Sometimes the difference between food for the day and no food at all is 'dumpster diving'. As someone currently experiencing severe hardship and an empty pantry, it's very close to home. No charitable organisations will help either, so it's about staying at least a bit nourished for another day.

That's not to say it needs to be animal products though, but for most people who dumpster dive, being particular about food isn't really in line with basic survival."

I recall a friend looking at a large dead fish on the beach at Lake Michigan. She said, "What a horrible waste." She grew up in a place where human starvation was too common. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with dumpster diving for meat if you need to eat. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with eating fresh road kill.

On the other hand, I let my son buy a leather belt last weekend for $30. I could have purchased a vegan belt for $8. The person who dumpster dives is not the problem. I am the problem.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
It is better to eat an animal who has died, if that animal is otherwise being thrown in a dumpster. At least the animal's sacrifice would not have been entirely pointless.

there are people who eat animal products from dumpsters?! :scream:

It's actually a philosophic lifestyle called freeganism. It's a peaceful anarchist response to food waste from corporate grocery stores and chain restaurants. I'm ok with it because that means that person contributed nothing towards the animal agriculture industry. They basically ate rich people's trash. I think this lifestyle is quite feasible in places like Los Angeles. I know of someone locally who feeds HIV positive low income individuals once a week from things like produce and local bread that would have been thrown in the trash by local businesses due to food laws. My old roommate who was also vegan volunteers with them sometimes and bring fancy day old bread and edible produce home to us after.

But yep some people take yogurts or rotisserie chicken bodies from dumpsters, indeed. Can't say that I personally could ever engage in actual flesh consumption even if it were "garbage."

Reactions: mavrick45
In my personal opinion "won't force veganism on my kids" is the most psychotic of the bunch. It shows a much bigger problem with Western parenting and the idea of individual freedoms being taken to an unhealthy and ludicrous extreme in the post modern world.

LIKE WTF ...do your children also not have bedtimes, did you also allow them to opt out of learning to read, will you let them cut the neighbors up with a machete if the whim suits their six year old brains?

Holy crap people are stupid.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs