Baby burgers

Pita

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I just need te vent. A friend just sent me a picture of his food saying 'this tuna salad was awesome', knowing I'm a vegan animal activist. So I answered my dinner was awesome too, I had human baby burgers. He said 'great, why baby though?' I answered 'because that's more juicy'. I usually believe in reaching people through kindness and I'm never 'bothering' him with my veganism. But this just felt too inconsiderate to not get snarky.

I just need te vent. A friend just sent me a picture of his food saying 'this tuna salad was awesome', knowing I'm a vegan animal activist. So I answered my dinner was awesome too, I had human baby burgers. He said 'great, why baby though?' I answered 'because that's more juicy'. I usually believe in reaching people through kindness and I'm never 'bothering' him with my veganism. But this just felt too inconsiderate to not get snarky.
I also normally let things pass, but when it's directed at me personally I respond in kind. They're the same people who get so upset at hunting 'accidents', the same who tell you it's all the 'circle of life', but balk when it turns on them

Reactions: PTree15 and Pita
Absolutely, he was inconsiderate. but maybe not malicious.
Some people are so clueless it might not occur to them that sending a vegan a picture of prepared animal protein could be bothersome.

Doesn't sound like your baby burgers didn't faze him at all - so no harm done.

Anyway, you know, if it wasn't a friend of yours, it probably wouldn't have bothered you at all. On a daily basis I'm subjected to at least a handful of pictures of things like hamburgers.

Reactions: Pita
...and :welcome:
Curious about your name as PITA here often stands for
pain in the @ss

It also sounds like PETA. Which is a good name for an American Vegan.

oh then there is Peta Murgatrod,

1703886606074.png

• Haha
Some humans are so uncomfortable with the truth, they have to reinforce their dominance over animals. Its' cruel and they
choose to ignore animal suffering in multiple ways.

Some humans are so uncomfortable with the truth, they have to reinforce their dominance over animals. Its' cruel and they
choose to ignore animal suffering in multiple ways.
True. but don't forget that for some (many?) they don't even recognize there is an issue.
As John Cleese said, "if god did not intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat"

True. but don't forget that for some (many?) they don't even recognize there is an issue.
As John Cleese said, "if god did not intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat"
Thank you I am aware. I am the only vegan in my family. have a great new year....

Reactions: Lou