Apps

In my opinion, the best and the one of the most good way of best sleeping, keep us relax and peaceful of mind by to make a accurate timings of sleeping or waking as well.

Photoscan

Moving away from the health area, this one is one of my favorites. but I don't use it every week. but when I do use it I use it a lot.

It allows you to digitize your old photos

Going thru my mom's old photos I found a polaroid of me and my mom. I used Photoscan to digitize it and I think it came out pretty good.

View attachment 23071

and here is one in color.

View attachment 23072

Keep in mind that these photos were stored in a box for 50 - 60 years.
Hmmm I might have to check this one out instead of just taking photos of a photo with my phone.

My top three used apps are Facebook, Safari (for VF) and Fitbit. Then comes TikTok.
Camera, Audible, my bank app, clock for timer/alarms, weather.
Oh, Amazon…can’t forget that.
All pretty basic ones but they get used everyday. I have a ton of apps downloaded that I rarely use. I’ve deleted some.

Reactions: Lou
I have a bunch of streaming apps on my phone and lots of shopping apps like stop n shop, Walmart, target, Home Depot. Then food apps like Starbucks, Slice for ordering online.
And let’s not forget Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest. And many more.

Reactions: Lou
Not an app but a website.

I haven't tried it yet.
I do subscribe to the NYT and the New Yorker. But there are about another half dozen news sites that I sometimes run out of free articles. I feel a little bad about cheating but ....

• Informative
Reactions: Chryssie
The iPhone has an app called Reminders.
I forgot all about it. Guess cause its built in.
It is another app I use everyday and its So useful

one of its best features is it works across all your apple devices. I'll create reminders on my Mac and they show up on my iPhone.

It does take a minute to figure it out and another minute to set it up. but after that adding reminders are super easy. you can even let Siri do it for you.

Back before Covid I used Reminders to make lists of thing to take on trips. So I had a list for overnight trips, a list for hiking, a list for road trips, etc. Now I have a list of fun things to do after the pandemic, and stuff like that.

here is a tutorial on Reminders.

I haven't tried it yet.
I do subscribe to the NYT and the New Yorker. But there are about another half dozen news sites that I sometimes run out of free articles. I feel a little bad about cheating but ....
I've only tried it once and it didn't work.

Romer

"Romer" is an application that can manage a max of 6 timers or alarms at the same time.
It can be used for cooking, studying, sports, yoga, record videos, etc.

A cute and brightly colored animation can cheer you up during waiting times.

I used this a lot during my cancer treatment. I think the only thing I didn't like was that you had to remember to turn it on.

When I first found Romer I thought it was just alarms. I didn't know it also had timers.

anyway, I found Timer+ to be really useful too.

Set multiple timers and stopwatches at once! Time by the second, minute or hour. Runs in the background so you’re free to use other apps. Includes a Today extension and iPad multitasking support.

Timers can be labeled and reused.
Really handy for cooking and exercising

I haven't tried it yet.
It worked!
I stole a recipe from The Washington Post.

Calm

Not the same thing as Calm Radio. Calm radio is similar but its mostly music and only certain selections are free.

you have to have some kind of special deal to get Calm for free. I got it thru my HMO. Otherwise its a little pricey.

The main functions are to improve Sleep quality, reduce stress and anxiety, improve focus, and self improvement.

I'm mostly using it for sleep but I'm checking out some of the other sections, now, too.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I couldn't agree more with the importance of exploring and sharing apps, especially those that promote environmental sustainability. It's fantastic to see Apple showcasing Earth-friendly apps on the front page for Earth Day, sparking curiosity and encouraging us to make a positive impact. And speaking of discoveries, have you ever stumbled upon Games That Pay Instantly to Cash App? It's a fascinating platform that not only offers entertainment but also provides opportunities to earn real money through gaming. It's a great way to unwind while also boosting your wallet.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with the importance of exploring and sharing apps, especially those that promote environmental sustainability. It's fantastic to see Apple showcasing Earth-friendly apps on the front page for Earth Day, sparking curiosity and encouraging us to make a positive impact. And speaking of discoveries, have you ever stumbled upon Games That Pay Instantly to Cash App? It's a fascinating platform that not only offers entertainment but also provides opportunities to earn real money through gaming. It's a great way to unwind while also boosting your wallet.
Really? I've seen the commercials but didn't believe it.