Literature Anybody else on Goodreads.com?

Muggle

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Because I'm completely useless as describing stuff, this is from their about page:

Goodreads is the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. We have more than 14,000,000 members who have added more than 480,000,000 books to their shelves. A home for casual readers and bona-fide bookworms alike, Goodreads users recommend books, compare what they are reading, keep track of what they've read and would like to read, find their next favorite book, form book clubs and much more. Goodreads was launched in January 2007.

http://www.goodreads.com

So has anybody else got an account there? I think I'm friends with a few of you but wondering if there was anybody else.

Mine is here
(I've got it set to friends only. )

I have an account, but I've never used the site for anything other than to read the occasional review.

No, but I have an old shelfari account I just remembered about. :p I think they're the same concept. Can't say I honestly used it much, despite my love of books.

My daughter has been on it for awhile, and her cousin started one recently when he was deployed in Afghanistan.
Daughter likes to review books, and reads a lot, so it has been perfect for her.

I guess it's time to push this again!!!

.... anybody who already is on Goodreads and doesn't mind others from here connecting to them, consider posting your profile links.

All others, consider joining, it's a really great ressource on books to read (IMO).

Reactions: PTree15
Hi Chryssie, have added you and Lou as friends, thanks for sending the friendship request, awesome!

I love the "compare books" feature ... so many new books to look into!

1710261413864.png

1710261372400.png

Last edited:
The main thing I find good about Good Reads is that the little buttons for want to read, reading, and read.
I get most of my books from the library and they have some of that functionality - they even allow for posting short reviews, but its not that easy to just look at a book in the catalog and determine if you have already read it. Good Reads is connected to my Amazon account. And my library uses Amazon as a source for e-books so at least if I have read it as an e-book I can easily check it in Good Reads.

wow. I've read over 500 books?! That seems like a lot. I wonder how many years that took.

Wow, I just noticed that goodreads even shows highlights I have made on my Kindle. :p

The challenge, however, is, that I typically do not really make highlights, that usually happens when I touch somewhere on a page and select something, not that I actively want to highlight it.

This, of course, begs the question, why I still have to manually add the books I read, and why my Kindle does not automatically add them.
That would be helpful.

This, of course, begs the question, why I still have to manually add the books I read, and why my Kindle does not automatically add them.
That would be helpful.
yeah. that would be cool.
however when I get a book from Amazon, which for me is mostly ebooks from the library, they automatically go in to the "reading" category of Good Reads

Reactions: Andy_T
Seems my goodreads is not set up correctly then. Possibly because I have a different email address on Amazon.

Seems my goodreads is not set up correctly then. Possibly because I have a different email address on Amazon.
I don't think that matters. But you do have to link the accounts. and I'm pretty sure you do that on good reads... ...

If you already have a Goodreads account, you can connect your Amazon account to your existing account. Before you connect your Amazon account, be sure to sign out of Goodreads first.

From desktop, mobile web, iOS app or Android app:​
1. From the sign in page, tap Continue with Amazon.
2. Enter your Amazon email and password and tap Sign in.
3. Tap Allow to sign in to Goodreads.​
4. Create or connect to an existing Goodreads account:​
  • To create a new account, enter your email and tap Create your Goodreads account.
  • To connect to an existing account, enter your Goodreads email and password and tap Sign in.
Now your Amazon account is connected to your Goodreads account. The next time you sign in, tap Continue with Amazon from the home page and sign in with your Amazon account.​

No, the reason was different, I typically buy my books at amazon.de (Germany), as some people in my extended family, who have kindles linked to my account, want to read books in German.

It seems that is not supported yet.
1710762437842.png