Animal research

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I've read a lot of horror stories today. At the same time, I've read a lot of horrible stories from the earlier days of animal research back when many didn't think non-human animals feel pain. As far as the pain and suffering goes, do you think animal research has gotten better or worse over time? Or no change?

It's gotten safer for humans, and the PR has done a decent job of not using things that look like blatant torture devices, at least in the public eye. But internally I don't think it's gotten any better, nor do I think it can, because it is inherently ethically stunted and needs to be ceased.

I don't think it's changed a whole lot, as far as causing unnecessary harm to animals. I honestly believe that nothing needs to be put through "testing" or "research" involving animals. Most of the time the "research" and "testing" involving animals is not applicable to humans (because our physiology is quite different than a monkey, rabbit, mouse, rat, etc.).

Most of the time the "research" and "testing" involving animals is not applicable to humans (because our physiology is quite different than a monkey, rabbit, mouse, rat, etc.).

A million times this.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
My son is a medical student and I well remember the day we went to look round a certain British university; they made a massive point of stressing how their students would have to watch the death of a Guinea pig ( I think they were going to inject it with adrenalin). They went on to make a huge joke about how the animals in their testing facility had better accommodation than they did (I wish). They stressed that at interview you would be directly asked at interview if you had any objection to animal testing because if you did they said it would disqualify you from admittance to their medical school.

Outside animal rights protesters peacefully handed out leaflets which were taken and disdainfully thrown to the floor by many of the potential students.

My son did not go to This medical school and has managed his entire time at medical school without having to kill a Guinea Pig and is still very likely to emerge as a good and competent doctor.

The attitude of these people speaks volumes about them in my view and in particular to their cavalier attitude to the life of other living sentient creatures.

^ which uni was that? Name and shame! I made sure to go to a university that had no animal testing facilities.

I wouldnt be suprised if the standard of living for lab animals had improved, and some tests had stopped. however, this doesnt change the fact that theyre being tested on!

My son is a medical student and I well remember the day we went to look round a certain British university; they made a massive point of stressing how their students would have to watch the death of a Guinea pig ( I think they were going to inject it with adrenalin). They went on to make a huge joke about how the animals in their testing facility had better accommodation than they did (I wish). They stressed that at interview you would be directly asked at interview if you had any objection to animal testing because if you did they said it would disqualify you from admittance to their medical school.

Outside animal rights protesters peacefully handed out leaflets which were taken and disdainfully thrown to the floor by many of the potential students.

My son did not go to This medical school and has managed his entire time at medical school without having to kill a Guinea Pig and is still very likely to emerge as a good and competent doctor.

The attitude of these people speaks volumes about them in my view and in particular to their cavalier attitude to the life of other living sentient creatures.

This is just too awful for words and surely it should be against the law ?