Alicia Silverstone goes off the deep end in new book

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Clueless star Alicia Silverstone has risked the wrath of parenting groups by sharing her controversial views on motherhood in a new book, in which she criticises vaccination programs and claims women can boost fertility by ditching tampons and sugar.

The actress is mother to a son named Bear, who turns three in May, and she has shared tips and advice for other moms and prospective parents in a new tome titled The Kind Mama.
Read more: Alicia Silverstone’s book for mothers: No vaccinations, vegan-only diet and no sugar for babies (22. April 2014)

She says she has never given Bear a drop of medicine, and that the vegan diet protects him from getting sick. Right ....

This comment made me laugh. :lol:
"(They are) much more content leaving their business in the grass than
having to sleep and eat accompanied by their own pee and poo,"

Just what I want...not only do I have to watch to make sure her dog doesn't crap on my lawn, I've got to worry about her kid, too. Frickin' lovely.

The no sugar idea isn't bad. We didn't give my granddaughter any sweets, just fruit, until she was around 1 1/2 years old. Now at 7, she loves fruit as much as candy or chocolate.

Breastfeeding helps protect little ones against infection, so I do believe their kid didn't need medicine for three years. My son is 21 and needed antibiotics once in his life, for strep throat, and had croup once.

I agree with the sugar ban for little kids, vegan diet, and the family bed. Grossed out by pooping on the lawn! The kids will then play in it later on, yuck! I hope she does vaccinate. I'm not thrilled with the US vaccination *schedule*, but am pro-vaccine in general.

Reactions: Second Summer
That article looks like sensational tabloid hype... taking things a bit out context.
I think that Alicia is a really caring, compassionate person with some really admirable perspectives a bit of slack.