Algorithmic Matching-Vegan Dating

JacobEdward

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Algorithmic Matching (custom browser extension vegan dating/activism network)

I am told by the story tellers that for most of human history most of humanity lived in rural farming villages where you knew everybody around you from birth and the stranger was the exception instead of the defacto norm like it is today... Lots of things contributed to the destruction of the community (I think the railroads are primarily to blame) but its too late so we have to come up with some sort of strategy from where we are today... The largest problem with dating and networking is getting to actually know someone in terms of their beliefs and goals and blablabla... I have theories as to why people get these negative feelings towards using computers but the benefits are undeniable... Okcupid use to have an interface I thought was relatively acceptable to use but they've since changed how their thing works and it was always ever just the people who happen to have signed up for that particular app instead of something that went out of their way to collect vegans (which is what this supposed to be)...

The thing isn't ready yet (6/2/2021) because I've been derailed by shadow world demons many many times but the link to the source code that will update whenever I add more and that can still be shared, it works on the mobile if you use kiwi and it works on the desktop if you use chrome which has a very easy way for individuals to sideload...

I want to know what you think is needed. How should I collect people? Have a bot send vegans private messages or comment on posts? or should this be word of mouth? What should be the questions we are matching off of? What is it that is important in a partner? or in a community? There's no reason why it would have to be limited to only dating, could very easily add activism tools, meetup networking, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Algorithmic Matching (custom browser extension vegan dating/activism network)

I am told by the story tellers that for most of human history most of humanity lived in rural farming villages where you knew everybody around you from birth and the stranger was the exception instead of the defacto norm like it is today... Lots of things contributed to the destruction of the community (I think the railroads are primarily to blame) but its too late so we have to come up with some sort of strategy from where we are today... The largest problem with dating and networking is getting to actually know someone in terms of their beliefs and goals and blablabla... I have theories as to why people get these negative feelings towards using computers but the benefits are undeniable... Okcupid use to have an interface I thought was relatively acceptable to use but they've since changed how their thing works and it was always ever just the people who happen to have signed up for that particular app instead of something that went out of their way to collect vegans (which is what this supposed to be)...

The thing isn't ready yet (6/2/2021) because I've been derailed by shadow world demons many many times but the link to the source code that will update whenever I add more and that can still be shared, it works on the mobile if you use kiwi and it works on the desktop if you use chrome which has a very easy way for individuals to sideload...

I want to know what you think is needed. How should I collect people? Have a bot send vegans private messages or comment on posts? or should this be word of mouth? What should be the questions we are matching off of? What is it that is important in a partner? or in a community? There's no reason why it would have to be limited to only dating, could very easily add activism tools, meetup networking, etc.

Wasn't this just made into a movie. I don't think it had a happy ending.

:)

Wasn't this just made into a movie. I don't think it had a happy ending.

:)
If it was vegan themed I would love to watch it lol!

That's the point, people are being socially conditioned to hate technology... Terminator, Matrix, iRobot, etc. its like they're trying to get you to be afraid...

In an orwellian universe we should all aspire to be Darth Maul, the leader of the droid army...

This society is stupid concentration camp status... Imagine all the vegan women who waste their lives at some ******** job like starbucks making coffee for indifferent omnivores... according to BLS its like over 10 million people who work in retail (not counting things like taco bell where its like a vending machine but with a cook step in between)
Screenshot 2021-03-14 112940.png

We should just go back to living in small village communities, It's good for people to have a closely knit community, that's why people today are so miserable, also it decentralizes power, which allows individuals to be involved in the political system.

We should just go back to living in small village communities, It's good for people to have a closely knit community, that's why people today are so miserable, also it decentralizes power, which allows individuals to be involved in the political system.
I agree but since we do have computers it should be this totally known and quantified thing, which is something that they dont seem to agree with... its not information technology that has created this nightmare, its just easier to learn now...

I shared this with my city council woman and she gave me some neutral in the moment thing and then sorta never responded...

The forum should be at the very front so everybody can find it, this is the source code for olympiawa.gov
96514392_673105596602590_8534265880199036928_n.png

Reactions: anarchist100
Wouldn't be many people to choose from. There's a lot of other factors like compatibility, age, interest and maybe distance if you don't wanna move states away like I did for my bf

i think that this project is a representation of a bigger problem and solution then dating i personally think it/this represent the fundamental problem in are society of loneliness and the barriers to other people and information the world wide web helps of course but the common person doesnt know what search engine optimization is or how to use it to find what you want along with the major lack of social programs in community in the US at least tell me where can adults and kids alike go and meet other adults and kids that is not a school or pub practically no ware other than libraries i think that these problems contrast to create a worse overall society

Wouldn't be many people to choose from. There's a lot of other factors like compatibility, age, interest and maybe distance if you don't wanna move states away like I did for my bf
very jealous of your bf... :-( I need a gf

i think that this project is a representation of a bigger problem and solution then dating i personally think it/this represent the fundamental problem in are society of loneliness and the barriers to other people and information the world wide web helps of course but the common person doesnt know what search engine optimization is or how to use it to find what you want along with the major lack of social programs in community in the US at least tell me where can adults and kids alike go and meet other adults and kids that is not a school or pub practically no ware other than libraries i think that these problems contrast to create a worse overall society
part of the idea is the browser extension will unilaterally augment the other networks in order to collect people... people dont need to know anything about the technicals if they dont want to but I of course have it all open source and integrated so you could augment your version if you wanted... the pwa version at goo.gl/Um2MAk has tutorials but of course its very bare bones and not ready for anybody other than developers

I dont like social programs, I want communes...

iam glad to hear you response but iam sorry to say that yes i am a techy and have the same dreams about owning a threadripper pro 3995WX
as all of the other techys out there but sadly i do not know how to code btw i know its off topic but can i get your options on this Animal Products in Electronics

iam glad to hear you response but iam sorry to say that yes i am a techy and have the same dreams about owning a threadripper pro 3995WX
as all of the other techys out there but sadly i do not know how to code btw i know its off topic but can i get your options on this Animal Products in Electronics
Hey I responded to your other topic, not sure if I remember if you responded but I wanted to get your comments on this other related thread, especially about the go fund me thing... do you think anybody would seriously do that, as a different business model...
We need a "Dating Section"

All of those factors would just be apart of their regular profile, integrating the dating section with the forum would change the nature of the network, instead of the thing disappearing it just moves to a different section... Wanting to keep people in the loop as to what the overall population of vegans is up to is important for the new era... Wouldnt it be cool if we didnt have to guess about how many people there are who are single and vegan and looking etc. This forum is by far the most obvious in terms of the potential of being that thing...

What apart from just having the discussion sections for the list of activist ideas is needed for activists in their real world application of advocacy? A network of supporters, online philosophical resources, individual basic needs... I suppose online resources could be instructions on how to do all of those things but thats not just available (belligerent monsters driving by as I type) and the network of support needed in this type of world just hasnt been there for me and theres no reason to believe that would change any time soon... so just focusing on finding one person, your intimate partner, seems to be the most you could hope for...

I LOVE this idea, have often thought the same myself! Think it would be great to include and uplift options for housemates/commune-building, activity buddies, activist connections, and close platonic relationships/chosen family, instead of the romantic-only focus that most sites have (though I definitely think that’s good to include, too!).

I think having the matching questions focus on deep considerations of ethics would also make a lot more sense for vegans than the trivial “Star Wars or Star Trek?” fare.

Along those lines of ethical considerations, I suspect a lot of us would be interested in something open-source! This could also help with potential tech issues, as members would be welcome to contribute to fixing them.

And I believe it’d be important to have really inclusive. For example, a lot of sites allow only “straight” and “gay” (if that), and might include “FTM” and “MTF” (and sometimes “intersex”) along with “men” and “women” - but nothing about non-binary identities or the fact that several of these aren’t mutually exclusive.

If something *actually good* is created, I doubt the problem of “wouldn’t be many people to choose from” wouldn’t last long - because so many of Ian have been waiting AGES for something like this!

Reactions: 500channelsurfer
I LOVE this idea, have often thought the same myself! Think it would be great to include and uplift options for housemates/commune-building, activity buddies, activist connections, and close platonic relationships/chosen family, instead of the romantic-only focus that most sites have (though I definitely think that’s good to include, too!).
Thats a great idea, I know I definitely dont have all of the important questions I would need in order to build the algorithm... what sort of things would sufficiently sort someone from one commune to another if they agreed on a bunch of other really important things... definitely wanting to combine this with that
I think having the matching questions focus on deep considerations of ethics would also make a lot more sense for vegans than the trivial “Star Wars or Star Trek?” fare.
I thought that was an attempt at being cute with the "are you left or right" type of person... your vision of the future, is it this militaristic regimented thing or is it wild west? Since most vegans are democrats and not republicans I think its important to talk about this
Along those lines of ethical considerations, I suspect a lot of us would be interested in something open-source! This could also help with potential tech issues, as members would be welcome to contribute to fixing them.
absolutely! :) did you look at my very rough draft goo.gl/Um2MAk yet? I have the editor embedded, working on an update so people can augment directly, derailments lol... its not polished but I included the externalCDN button to show that its very straightforward to use a template if thats what you want to do... lots of free templates at w3schools... I personally sorta prefer the basic look
And I believe it’d be important to have really inclusive. For example, a lot of sites allow only “straight” and “gay” (if that), and might include “FTM” and “MTF” (and sometimes “intersex”) along with “men” and “women” - but nothing about non-binary identities or the fact that several of these aren’t mutually exclusive.
of course
If something *actually good* is created, I doubt the problem of “wouldn’t be many people to choose from” wouldn’t last long - because so many of Ian have been waiting AGES for something like this!
are you for real? its so easy to support a software developer... a team of developers if you wanted to do it all quickly... I'm willing and able, I just need support... I mean a team of dedicated developers who do it for activism reasons... I dont need money, I need/want a new computer and an electric scooter and blablabla...