Airlines with best vegan meals

PaulJ2080

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey! I'm working on an article on the airlines with the best vegan meals for Vegan News. I'm doing a (very unscientific) poll of vegan travelers and hopefully some of your responses will help me put an article together. It would be great to hear your opinions.

Mine was Singapore Airlines, in case anyone is wondering. The variety was great on all 3 flights I flew with them. I was so freaked out by the tofu scramble that I actually had the flight attendant take it away, thinking I had been served eggs by accident. But she showed me the menu and assured me it was tofu.

Reactions: LoCo and Veganite
Hi There :) I have traveled with Emirates and Air New Zealand and their vegan meals were lovely. I have been requesting vegan for around 30 years now and all have been great. Although, I have to admit, my expectations are ZERO so maybe the results here are skewed to be more positive. I was happy that they even accommodated my request; can you imagine traveling 30 years ago and asking for Vegan food. They do tend to overdo the oil though. One of the best meals was on Emirates Athens --> Dubai; they served Stuffed Tomatoes... I grew up with that dish :) A bit like the story in Ratatouille :)

Hi There :) I have traveled with Emirates and Air New Zealand and their vegan meals were lovely. I have been requesting vegan for around 30 years now and all have been great. Although, I have to admit, my expectations are ZERO so maybe the results here are skewed to be more positive. I was happy that they even accommodated my request; can you imagine traveling 30 years ago and asking for Vegan food. They do tend to overdo the oil though. One of the best meals was on Emirates Athens --> Dubai; they served Stuffed Tomatoes... I grew up with that dish :) A bit like the story in Ratatouille :)

Hi. Thanks for your response. I finished gathering results already but I appreciate your response. It's funny you mentioned Emirates because that was voted number one and Air New Zealand was also in the top 10. Even today many people I encounter have no idea what a vegan is so yeah, it's hard to imagine getting served vegan back then. That's awesome.

Here's the article if you are curious about the results:
https://vegannews.co/emirates-voted-best-airline-for-vegan-meals-by-vegan-travelers/

Happy New Year!

A number of years ago I was flying and it was during a time that I was trying not to eat animal products and I asked for a vegan meal and they brought me a jar of baby food (it was Air France) and it said "poulet" on it. They must have thought I couldn't read French....

Emma JC