Advantages?

ColeNic

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have always been curious why so many people switch to vegan. Aside from living and eating healthy, it would be quite interesting to hear the point of view of the members here. What advantages can you think of of being a vegan? Hoping for your ideas here. :D

ColeNic said:
I have always been curious why so many people switch to vegan. Aside from living and eating healthy, it would be quite interesting to hear the point of view of the members here. What advantages can you think of of being a vegan? Hoping for your ideas here.  :D

I would be interested to hear back from others, too!  I am not a vegan, I am just do not eat meat.  Nevertheless,  I do have a friend that has recently become a vegan within the last year.  She gaining weight and drinking too much.

She lives quite a distance away and we only communicate via online.  So, I do not know all the details, but I do know from her recent pictures and positive outlook in life with her new lifestyle choices, she is a much happier and healthier person! 

P.S. I know you mentioned besides being healthier, but I do believe good health and happiness go hand in hand.

I am not vegan but I can think of so many good advantages to eating mainly plant based sources...especially these days (with all the hormones, wrong meats being used and such). The main reason is health, and avoiding the development of animal-contributed types of diseases. I enjoy having my nuts, seeds, grains, fruits and vegetable....just knowing that they have all the natural nutrients for my body, is enough to choose a Guacamole and baked potato over chicken and fries :D

I came across this video after signing out but I had to return and share it. It is about a 98 year old Surgeon, explaining how he lived for half of his life as a vegan....listen and maybe share: https://youtu.be/ezVFVd--cb8

The health reasons are part of a vegan lifestyle (lower sodium and sugar levels which leads to a smaller chance of cholesterol and diabetes based illnesses) but also one where you are conscious of where food comes from. Most vegans I know are careful about the source of their food, but some strict vegetarians are too.

Most vegans have a high fiber diet and less issues with digestive problems. With all diets there has to be a balance and most do research what they need to eat.

Reactions: Connie
I lived as a meat eater for the first 19 years of my life. The transition to veganism yielded a lighter feeling, improved digestion, more mental clarity and more energy. There are a lot more foods to eat and enjoy too. My cooking creativity has also improved over the years.

I, too, have found that eliminating meat from my diet at a young age gave me so many benefits like more energy, better digestion, and a general feeling of well-being. I have also found that I experiment more in the kitchen and have learned how to use spices in new and exciting ways.

I am not a vegan, but I think there's great benefits of being a vegan. You stop eating fast food, which is bad for you. I know you can prevent a lot of diseases such as type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, and some cancers. I honestly think eating meat causes too many risks and I've seen it in myself, I try to stay away from eating a lot of meat as possible and try eating better.

Being a vegan is like choosing to live in a better way. You eliminate meat and meat-related and animal-related products. You refrain from eating in fastfoods. You're only eating plant-based foods, abstaining products based from animals. Being a vegan, you're transitioning to your health and life betterment.

For me, its mainly about health. Protein from meat of animals is very different from protein coming from peanuts. Well they are the same protein but I am referring to what is healthy. Being a vegan can really change our lives because we often select what we eat. Eating vegetables and fruits are much more healthier because it contains fibers and other natural vitamins that is beneficial into our body.

Lastly, when I became a vegan, my expenses in food is lessened. Being a vegan makes us save more money :)

Well, If you become vegan then you could save a lot of animals. Saving animals is one of the reasons why people choose to abstain from eating meat products and eating pure vegetables and fruits. Moreover, they see animals as fellow living organisms that should not be used as food or be used for our own interest such as making bags, shoes, pants and more.

Well, aside from living and eating healthy (which many still don't.. vegan processed foods are still junk), it would be about the animals and the planet. Raising animals for slaughter is one of the biggest burdens on our only home. Not to mention how we ignore the starving and feed the burgers and bacon :( I do it mainly for these reasons. The animals and the planet. I was on a plant based diet already, so I can't say much about that other than the health risks involved in eating meat. I'm happy to be doing something to hopefully avoid them.