A woman is force feeding herself too high pounds

I can't imagine anyone overeating for pleasure. From what I've read, overeaters don't eat because they enjoy the food, they eat because they're in some kind of emotional pain and the food numbs the pain for them. It fills a specific need. Eating one slice of cake is eating for pleasure. Eating an entire cake in one sitting until your stomach hurts is a sign of an illness.
It's quite possible to overeat because food tastes good.* This is something far beyond that.

*I don't know that I've ever eaten just one piece of chocolate cake**, for example, other than in situations in which I have apparently not looked pitiful enough to be offered seconds. :p But I can happily bypass white cake altogether. So it's not about filling an inner emotional need, unless the desire for chocolate cake is an inner emotional need.

**a/k/a the breakfast of champions

maybe she doesn't think people could like her for who she is, so she wants to have something more definite that people like her for, something she can point to and say 'This is what people like me for, and it is REAL.'.....that and her dependence on her boyfriend.

Yes - this kind of situation is so far beyond overeating because of love of food or emotional issues connected to food that it's not even in the same realm. It's forced eating.

It reminds me of a goose being forcefed for pate production.
I'm sure her liver is just as fatty as the poor pate geese's are.

Yes - this kind of situation is so far beyond overeating because of love of food or emotional issues connected to food that it's not even in the same realm. It's forced eating.

It reminds me of a goose being forcefed for pate production.

Yes- exactly. That is what it looks like to me too.