Music A song that makes you turn off your radio

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
You're out driving your car. The radio is on, playing random music. Then it comes on. The one song you just have to turn off your radio for.

What is playing?

Reactions: Second Summer
I finally get to whine about this! :p

I won’t sully anyone’s ears by posting a video of it, but in 1976, I took a summer art class at school, and the radio was always on, and this POS was playing nonstop.

Let 'Em In - Wikipedia :yuck:

I couldn’t STAND the song. I wanted to grab the radio and throw it out the window. At one point I begged the teacher to turn off the radio, but the other students wouldn’t let her. :bang: My nightmare finally ended when the class did.

And then there’s Kate Smith’s rendition of “God Bless America”, which gives me a supersonic, unpatriotic, megaton headache. I hate the fact that 16 years after 9/11, it’s STILL performed at baseball games. In fact, Woody Guthrie didn’t like it, either. He was driving from Los Angeles to New York the year it was released, and it was all over the radio. He wrote “This Land is Your Land” as a response.

Oh yeah! my most disliked Paul song!
For me it's anything by Bob Seger.
I do have a list, nothing else is coming to mind now...

Yeah, Bob Seger. Except for Kathmandu....

:down: Anything by George Thorogood, Bruce Springsteen, and/or my #1 most-loathed "artist"... Rod Stewart. **shudder** :yuck::lala:

Thankfully, I mostly listen to public radio... news & interviews & the like.

OMG, I hate Rod Stewart so f*cking much.... LMAO :tinfoilhat:

Last edited:
Oh I loathe George Thorogood (?)!
Like the Bruce! When anything from Born to Run comes on I'll go all carpool karaoke!

Used to dislike Rod Stewart but now I like his stuff. Love the song Handbags and Gladrags.

I wish we had a better regular stations here. College and NPR are the only ones I listen to and the college ones are so everywhere!
I get most music from the internet searches on what I may also like

Norway has had a couple of terrible, embarrassing Eurovision songs that they like to play on the radio over there, one even won the contest back in the 80s I think it was. ("La det svinge, la det Rock'n Roll") I just can't stand it.

I can't take any more Christmas music! I can't take anymore December!
Fa-:lala::down:

I also love George Thorogood. :sf:

“All By Myself” - Eric Carmen This came up on the oldies station recently. I wanted to put my fist through the radio and strangle the guy. :yuck:

Anything by "Yáki-da".:hurl: ..."Have you ever really loved a woman" by Bryan Adams makes me cough constantly.:bag:
And Modern talking makes my ears wither.:D

Th... th... THIS!......

Oh... and "The Wiffenpoof Song"(sp?)... It's melancholy as hell...

"we're pooor little lambs who have lost our way.... baaaa... baaaa... baaaaaaaaaa...."

"He Stopped Loving Her Today", by George Jones, for the same reason. I like Jones' music generally, though. The story goes that he thought the song was "a morbid S.O.B." which NOBODY would ever want to hear. Even though the song makes me want to vomit, I can't help admiring Jones because he was professional enough to do a good job on a song he loathed as much as I do.

And "Disco Duck".

EDITED TO ADD:

Yeah, Bob Seger. Except for Kathmandu....

:down: Anything by George Thorogood, Bruce Springsteen, and/or my #1 most-loathed "artist"... Rod Stewart. **shudder** :yuck::lala:

Thankfully, I mostly listen to public radio... news & interviews & the like.

OMG, I hate Rod Stewart so f*cking much.... LMAO :tinfoilhat:
I can't figure Rod Stewart out. I do like some of his music, but... Look, it's not his fault or anything, but he just doesn't have a good voice. The same goes for Bob Dylan: his songs are iconic, no two ways about it, but except for "Lay, Lady, Lay", that voice of his really rubs me the wrong way- not that I'd dislike him personally.

I do like "Journey" and "Bon Jovi", although I don't own any recordings of either of them. (Oops... that probably belongs in the "Confessions" or "Unpopular Opinions" thread...)

For the record, I LOVE Bob Seger’s music. LOVE IT.
There's something about "On Main Street". It's really atmospheric, and creates a nice mood like no other song I can think of: not sad, not wistful, not nostalgic...

Last edited:
Th... th... THIS!......

Bwahahahaha:lol: When i was working at Rakhmaninov's music school (also as a ballet conzertmeister) i had to play this thing on piano at the class of the great ballerina Galina Vladimirovna Ottas. That was fun. It was an easy arrangement though.:p The real evil was a piece from the ballet "The humpbacked horse" by Rodion Schedrin.:eek::D