A really bad day

VeganAnon

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So I was fired today......mixed cause I was so ready to be done with that job, I just couldn't quit cause then no unemployment while I found a new job. the reasons given were lame and still haven't gotten the paperwork, friends are telling me a wrongful termination suit may be in order.

but hard to care cause also learned that a friend died.

and while trying to be strong and there for everyone, I wasn't.

I want to scream and hit someone and then just disappear. I am tired of being there for other people.

So very sorry that a friend of yours died.
Please don’t beat yourself up that you weren’t able to be strong for others, at a time of loss just keeping yourself together is hard enough...
As for losing your job, if you wanted out of it maybe this is a blessing. Now you can file for unemployment.
Look after yourself...

So I was fired today......mixed cause I was so ready to be done with that job, I just couldn't quit cause then no unemployment while I found a new job. the reasons given were lame and still haven't gotten the paperwork, friends are telling me a wrongful termination suit may be in order.

but hard to care cause also learned that a friend died.

and while trying to be strong and there for everyone, I wasn't.

I want to scream and hit someone and then just disappear. I am tired of being there for other people.
It's disgusting how employees are treated these days, so few rights. Anyway, I hope you find something else soon and if you can bring a case against your previous employers then do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
I'm sorry you had to experience such agony and that you are still experiencing it.
There is nothing I can say that would help. I hope you can find compassion towards yourself. You can be more fully present for others after you have first been there for yourself. And I hope that you can find a way to express yourself, through talking, writing and maybe painting, or what ever feels right with you. Maybe beating a punching bag and screaming into a pillow. I don't know how you feel or how you experience grief, but if eating seems impossible, still try to eat something every day.
Maybe someday grief turns into beautiful memories of the times you and your friend shared. It might seem now like it'll never happen, but maybe it will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry you had to experience such agony and that you are still experiencing it.
There is nothing I can say that would help. I hope you can find compassion towards yourself. You can be more fully present for others after you have first been there for yourself. And I hope that you can find a way to express yourself, through talking, writing and maybe painting, or what ever feels right with you. Maybe beating a punching bag and screaming into a pillow. I don't know how you feel or how you experience grief, but if eating seems impossible, still try to eat something every day.
Maybe someday grief turns into beautiful memories of the times you and your friend shared. It might seem now like it'll never happen, but maybe it will.
thank you for support. It's not just recent,, it's the last ten ....no twenty years. Always something, always me supporting someone. I feel I am too old to start dating but I would like to just go out for dinner and/or show and not worry about work.

second heiress refuses tea, missing lover from another land? She wouldn't have any secrets, not after going off shore for a few months and then coming back with a village baby they adopted.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
thank you for support. It's not just recent,, it's the last ten ....no twenty years. Always something, always me supporting someone. I feel I am too old to start dating but I would like to just go out for dinner and/or show and not worry about work.
Taking the time for yourself to watch a show or going for a dinner sounds beautiful. You deserve it.

Reactions: Brian W and 1956
Perhaps this is a turning point in your life and you start being more there for yourself. And maybe in the future you won't feel too old anymore and meet someone. When one is getting old, he is more likely to form more mature and long lasting relationships with less drama and more compassion. But of course, dating isn't for everyone. I'd hate it. But some people like dating and if they do, it would be sad for them not to do it, regardless of their age. With COVID one just might need to find ways to be creative about it.
You deserve all the support you can get.

Perhaps this is a turning point in your life and you start being more there for yourself. And maybe in the future you won't feel too old anymore and meet someone. When one is getting old, he is more likely to form more mature and long lasting relationships with less drama and more compassion. But of course, dating isn't for everyone. I'd hate it. But some people like dating and if they do, it would be sad for them not to do it, regardless of their age. With COVID one just might need to find ways to be creative about it.
You deserve all the support you can get.
Good advice. I think though that when we get older it's better to ensue than it is to pursue. In other words, rather than looking at online dating agencies for example, try looking at outside interests that you share with others and get involved, it's the best way to meet people.

Good advice. I think though that when we get older it's better to ensue than it is to pursue. In other words, rather than looking at online dating agencies for example, try looking at outside interests that you share with others and get involved, it's the best way to meet people.
I agree. I met M accidently because we got chatting on an art and design forum. Getting more involved in an interest will help you focus on you and value yourself as well.

So I spent this evening talking to my ex while he was getting dumped by his current new boyfriend. Yep the person that I still have feelings for even though I know he is toxic for me, I consoled through a break up. LIfe is F'd up.
Yes it is! But recognize that you are a better person, and better off without him! Believe me, I wish I had done that many many years ago. You will get through this. Get what help you can, and don't allow yourself to fall too far.
We're here for you, as much as online friends can be :hugs:

Yes it is! But recognize that you are a better person, and better off without him! Believe me, I wish I had done that many many years ago. You will get through this. Get what help you can, and don't allow yourself to fall too far.
We're here for you, as much as online friends can be :hugs:
Wise words.