UK 33 Yr old Omni-Looking to eat a More sensible Diet

@phillb do you have kids and a wife ? what do they think about your decision and a life without cheesy pizza, burgers and fried chicken eh! no more Fish and Chips M8!

My child is a tad young for an opinion but my partner is more than happy to try it also. She isnt going to be as strict but wants to change what she eats, unlike me she doesn't need to eat healthy for weight loss as she is healthy. And since KFC are looking into using chicken grown in a lab they can keep it. How much more can you actually mess about with food than that. And as for all other fast food and process foods they have only made me sick for years. Prepping fresh food and cooking it regularly may steal a little more time from me but death takes a lot more time from you.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Last summer I did DDPY Yoga with a certified instructor, she had several successful students.

Reactions: Lou
I am 33 years old and hopefully long term plant eater.

So hows it going so far M8! it's so easy really, especially if you only go to pure vegan restaurants and you'll get great ideas.

image1-224x300.jpeg

California Veggie Sandwich with grilled zucchini, avocado, cucumber, tomato, mixed greens, sprouts & housemade vegan mayo on fresh ciabatta.

So hows it going so far M8! it's so easy really, especially if you only go to pure vegan restaurants and you'll get great ideas.

image1-224x300.jpeg

California Veggie Sandwich with grilled zucchini, avocado, cucumber, tomato, mixed greens, sprouts & housemade vegan mayo on fresh ciabatta.
So far I have gone from 21st 10lb to 20st 12lb and I feel like I have a lot more energy as well as I feel happier so far so good. I have started cycling to and from work and i will be running to and from work once a week (5k each way) starting from next week to continue to loose weight and improve my health. I have struggled a little on what to eat mainly as i am on call out so I can do up to 16.5hrs at work in 1 hit. This is usually where I fail with food but over half way through and still going strong. Thanks for checking in and for your ideas,
Phill

Reactions: Emma JC and thinman
@phillb , Growing up in Salford UK I was the Charles Atlas poster boy, the 97lb weakling. Back in the 1960's food was more of a luxury, when I came to Canada at the end of '72 I weighed 127lbs then went vegan and dropped to 115lb. I did send for that Charles Atlas course, pretty cool and have the vintage versions plus the 2000 version and PDF.

Welcome to Charles Atlas LTD.

Check the museum section of the website link above.

I am an official card holder . . .

PYV_1536232217.jpg

hi everyone,
{, what is the best options of food to hit all of the protein groups so i get all of the correct amino acids?}
As a brand new Vegan myself I found that I can track what types of protein I'm getting from which food source at:
Cronometer: Track nutrition & count calories
It also tracks intake of vitamins, minerals, fats, different types of carbs/Fiber, caloric intake vs a general basal metabolic rate. Am learning that with enough variety of foods I can generally get all the types of amino's. Chickpeas have been a go to as it's a pretty complete protein.

My fav recipe right now is just baking a batch of potatoes.. when I need one I toss it in with some oil.. mash it up. Throw in some habanero hot sauce for heat/briney acidity flavor, extra firm tofu, yellow bell pepper, greens until there's some good caramelization. Toss in a can of chickpeas and precooked lentils. Add some salt/pepper, maybe curry spices or left over taco seasoning. Seems to be pretty filling. 40gs+ of protein for a good sized bowl.

edit: also throw in 1/4cup of some neutral tomato sauce at some point before spices. Reminds me of a curried potato Indian dish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
@phillb , Growing up in Salford UK I was the Charles Atlas poster boy, the 97lb weakling. Back in the 1960's food was more of a luxury, when I came to Canada at the end of '72 I weighed 127lbs then went vegan and dropped to 115lb. I did send for that Charles Atlas course, pretty cool and have the vintage versions plus the 2000 version and PDF.

Welcome to Charles Atlas LTD.

Check the museum section of the website link above.

I am an official card holder . . .

PYV_1536232217.jpg

i have looked into this a little bit from what i can find he was pretty much the person who made body building popular and started all of the body building competitions. i imagine that the vintage version will probably be worth something in time to come if it isnt already worth something now. i believe that the old comic was a underweight wimpy kid who always got beat up until he joined the charles atlas program then got strong enough to beat up the bullies.

Charles Atlas was a New York artists model, Dr. Frederick Tilney saw him demonstrating fitness equipment in a department store window and thought he would be perfect to pose for his fitness course, they became partners. Later a comic adman came up with the "Dynamic Tension" name and bought Tilney out, then the famouse story was developed.

Atlas picture when he was a weakling is age was 11, at 16 he was pretty muscular, and likely trained in gymnastic style gyms and used weights. He was never a weakling, his dad was a circus strongman but not much is mentioned about him. Charles Atlas was very strong.

This youtube from a TV series documentary isn't all fact.

Last edited by a moderator: