Nutrition & Diet 30 bananas a day

For a short time, for a weight loss start or something, I guess it can be effective with a restrictive diet. But I would be very skeptic for eating only one sorce of food all the time. No matter what the food is. I believe a varity is the best.

It's like the HFLC diet. People feel healthier, get more energy and loose weight. But we don't now the results yet for eating such diets for long time. But some people feel great eating junk food too...

For just some years ago, we had a man that got the diagnose scurvy here in Norway. He ate only frozen pizza for every meal, but picked out all the bell pepper on it...

The only food I can eat daily is chocolate, yet I couldn't handle 30 chocolate bars in 1 day. So wouldn't try with bananas.

I love bananas; I eat them almost every day, but I am pretty sure I would get bored with a diet of only mostly fruit and a big salad. I get sick thinking of trying to ingest 30 bananas...if I did do this, I'd have to add some peanut butter to the bananas. ;-)
Hmmm....I didn't think about adding something to them. Chocolate covered bananas, 30 is a possibility. :lick:

What if you were to puree 30 bananas into smoothies, and then eat the smoothies all day. Would that be easier?

Either way I'd get sick of bananas after a couple of hours. I don't even eat bananas every day. Once or twice a month is my preference.

What if you were to puree 30 bananas into smoothies, and then eat the smoothies all day. Would that be easier?

Either way I'd get sick of bananas after a couple of hours. I don't even eat bananas every day. Once or twice a month is my preference.

No I don't think that would be easier. I think after a short while the smell, taste, and consistency no matter what form would turn my stomach.
I don't find bananas to be filling. I don't find any fruit to be filling, but I would quickly get sick of them if that's all I ate in large amounts.

I would make a shitty rawfoodist or fruitiarian.

I still think the OP should go for it.

It seems to me that he starts these threads to get everyone to tell him that X is a bad idea, he argues that it isn't, but he never follows through with X, and probably never intended to follow through. It's all an exercise in futility, and people keep playing his game.

So, go for it, Rainforests! Let us know after you have been on the thirty banana a day diet how it's going. A month isn't going to do you any long term harm. People can survive on even the crappiest of diets for that long.

from google:
View attachment 3476
so
39g of protein
3150 calories
360% of daily value of potassium, based up a 2000calorie diet.

not enough protein, too many calories, and I'm not sure what that amount of potassium would do to someone.

Also, no calcium, and not enough vit A, or iron.

Yeah, with stats like that you're better off eating 4 big macs a day. Not that I would do either, but at least you'd lose weight and get more important nutrients (protein, fat, some carbs, some fiber) into your diet.

That being said, (sadly) my gut can't tolerate large volumes of fruit and veggies. So while this diet may be miracle cure, healing cancer and every disease under the sun (or whatever) for one person, it would be killer for me.

Plus bananas are radioactive.

Oh. My. Gawd. I love almost all fruit, bananas included, but 30 bananas in even one week, let alone a day, would do ultraviolence to my blood sugar and insulin levels.

Even if it wasn't unhealthy short-term... after a very short time, I'd never want to even think about a banana ever again.

the 30 BAD is just a name, not that you actually eat 30 a day in reality. It's kind of scary actually, that people try to live on just that alone. BUT, Dr McDougall shares a story about a man who went on a hunger strike and lived on potatoes alone for 6 months, w/o any adverse effects on health. You can actually get all the nutrients you need on just potatoes alone. and then that was replicated again.

Reactions: ledboots
the 30 BAD is just a name, not that you actually eat 30 a day in reality. It's kind of scary actually, that people try to live on just that alone. BUT, Dr McDougall shares a story about a man who went on a hunger strike and lived on potatoes alone for 6 months, w/o any adverse effects on health. You can actually get all the nutrients you need on just potatoes alone. and then that was replicated again.

Even if you COULD live on nothing but potatoes and not get sick, who would want to? After just a couple days of nothing but potatoes, I'd get tired of potatoes really fast. And I LOVE potatoes.